+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

First Landing at Montreal Airport

PeacefulMan

Star Member
May 2, 2017
My credit card doesn't cover trip cancellations and delays, only some medical, conditioned that the traveler is departing from Canada. In all cases, nothing applies to my wife. I called to get some estimate and it's like $100 for for a week, more or less.

hnaveed89

Feb 24, 2019
I have 1 hour 35 mins layover in Montreal than 3 hours in Toronto, but as Montreal is the first port of entry I will have to do the landing process there. However, as I am flying with Air Canada on a single ticket until my final destination( Edmonton) with a single boarding pass, my baggage will remain checked, are there good chances that I can do the landing process within that time frame and catch the next flight without having to handle baggage at Montreal Airport.

ryester

Champion Member
Oct 11, 2018
I have 1 hour 35 mins layover in Montreal than 3 hours in Toronto, but as Montreal is the first port of entry I will have to do the landing process there. However, as I am flying with Air Canada on a single ticket until my final destination( Edmonton) with a single boarding pass, my baggage will remain checked, are there good chances that I can do the landing process within that time frame and catch the next flight without having to handle baggage at Montreal Airport.
you have to check out luggage at Montreal airport.

hnaveed89

Feb 24, 2019
you have to check out luggage at Montreal airport.
No, the baggage remains checked for the Air Canada flights arriving from Europe. This is some sort of agreement between Air Canada and CBSA but I will still has to go through customs.

ryester

Champion Member
Oct 11, 2018
No, the baggage remains checked for the Air Canada flights arriving from Europe. This is some sort of agreement between Air Canada and CBSA but I will still has to go through customs.
are you sure? I think luggage has to be checked out at POE. How can customs check your luggage without checkout?

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
A 1 hr 35 layover may well be cutting it fine to complete an immigration landing although maybe ok due to COVID fewer people are travelling. Usually people leave 2-3 hours to be sure but as said maybe traveller volumes will be light

Assume you are from one of the exception countries (Europe/japan) for checked bags given it does not apply to all countries. Outside of Europe or Japan then baggage has to be collected and dropped at connection desk.

https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/home/fly/at-the-airport/airport-information/montreal-airport/int-ca.html

hnaveed89

Feb 24, 2019
A 1 hr 35 layover may well be cutting it fine to complete an immigration landing although maybe ok due to COVID fewer people are travelling. Usually people leave 2-3 hours to be sure but as said maybe traveller volumes will be light

Assume you are from one of the exception countries (Europe/japan) for checked bags given it does not apply to all countries. Outside of Europe or Japan then baggage has to be collected and dropped at connection desk.

https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/home/fly/at-the-airport/airport-information/montreal-airport/int-ca.html
Yes I am exempted from checked baggage because my flight will arrive from Europe however I managed to change the ticket and extended my layover to 3.5 hours because I don't want to be sweating at immigration and customs counters and running looking for signboards at a completely unfamiliar airport.

Reactions: armoured