+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

First Entry Inquiry

olancanada

Sep 23, 2009
I already have Confirmation of Permanent Residence form and planning to settle in canada along with my family this april. I got a job offer from a multi-national company and the work assignment will be in Montreal Quebec. My question is, in my COPR it was stated that my destination is Toronto Ontario. Is it possible to directly land in Montreal Quebec or i't's mandatory to enter first Toronto? And what are the other documents needed if me and my family directly fly to Montreal?

blueboy

Apr 7, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am not an expert on this issue but recommend you to go through this link..it might help you a bit: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t34797.0.html

olancanada

Sep 23, 2009
Thanks for your reply. Could somebody tell me or give me a link from a immigration website the below mentioned exemption? If this is the case, so i have to land first in toronto and transfer to montreal thru domestic flight, is this right? What about if i show my scanned job offer to immigration officer as a proof of my employment in Montreal? I have another question, my designation in the job offer was electrical service engineer. This is a regulated profession in canada specially in Montreal but my new employer used this term and for other employees (one of my friend already in this company and he was also service engineer without license) already in Canada. Please help. Thank you.

*There is only 'one' catch though. For Quebec, although any FSW would be allowed to enter thru a Quebec POE, they cannot complete the 'Record of Landing' here. And would have to further drive/fly to another province (any) to report to its Immigration Officer for the 'completion' of record of landing. This is because Quebec needs the CSQ certificate to complete this procedure. Which only is for a Quebec PR applicant. (however, it is not vice-versa... a Quebec PR applicant can do all the formalities in any other Canadian POE).

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Olan,

The problem is not of 'landing', it is of 'completing your Record-of-Landing', which cannot be done in Quebec, if u r not a Quebec applicant. 'Coz, for doing that in Quebec, u must have the CSQ [which obviously u don't].

Thus, u'll have to land in any other POE [take the nearest to Montreal, in another province] & take a bus, if not a flight.

About the Job Designation, it shouldn't be a problem until your employer doesn't have one, Lucky You ! But, yes... get certified asap, for the betterment of your career, in that field.

All the best !
Qorax.

olancanada

Sep 23, 2009
yes mike i checked from google earth, its almost 2 hours away from montreal. but toronto air fare from my origin is cheaper by 200 dollars than ottawa. so probably i'll land in toronto. thanks anyway...