+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

First contact or first meeting

wennison

Jan 31, 2014
Hello guys,

I have several questions about the meaning of first contact or first meeting in the following statement.
Does first contact or first meeting mean that the lovers commit to each other?
How to define the exact date of first contact or first meeting?

9. Describe how your relationship developed after your first contact/meeting with your sponsor and if you and your sponsor dated or went on any outings or trips together. Provide photos and documentary evidence of events or activities in which you both participated.

thank you..

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
It's the first time you met. There's not any other way to define that, it's pretty straightforward...

MelissaJohn

Star Member
Oct 4, 2015
Cape Breton
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-12-2015
Doc's Request.
14-06-2016
AOR Received.
16-02-2016
Med's Done....
December 2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-07-2016
VISA ISSUED...
2-08-2016
LANDED..........
13-9-2016
I actually described both, me and my husbands met online so our first "Contact" was online, our first meeting was a few years later in person. So to me, I believe saying the contact online was important because we had years of relationship building in between our first "Meeting" You could just describe both that way they understand and you don't have to worry! I believe they say on the application if there is not enough space to write in the box you can include a separate paper. That's what I did, because contact and meeting are different in my eyes! Depends on how you and your spouse met and such but I would describe both just to be on the safe side to not leave out information!

I described it from our friendship to our dating to our meeting and our marriage and after. Just so we left no spaces in how our relationship developed!

wennison

Jan 31, 2014
thank you very much.

We have been friends for many years, and then we committed to each other someday and later we separated to work in different places. We developed one long distance relationship for 4 years and then we got married.

So the date of first contact or first meeting refers to the date after we committed to each other. Right?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
wennison said:
thank you very much.

We have been friends for many years, and then we committed to each other someday and later we separated to work in different places. We developed one long distance relationship for 4 years and then we got married.

So the date of first contact or first meeting refers to the date after we committed to each other. Right?
No, it refers to the first time you met, even if that is years before you started a romantic relationship.

gabba50

Mar 16, 2016
Calgary,AB
Category........
Visa Office......
DAR ES SALAAM, TANZANIA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-03-2016
AOR Received.
30-03-2016
File Transfer...
05-04-2016
Med's Done....
13-01-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
16-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
28-08-2016
LANDED..........
11-09-2016
wennison said:
thank you very much.

I think it says "meet in person" meaning the first time you saw her/him with your eyes regardless whether you had a relationship earlier(like online) or later( if your relationship developed with time after the first physical meeting).

chhapa

Oct 4, 2015
Visa Office......
NDVO
App. Filed.......
27-08-2015
AOR Received.
15-10-2015
File Transfer...
06-11-2015
Interview........
November
LANDED..........
02-05-2017
wennison said:
Hello guys,

I have several questions about the meaning of first contact or first meeting in the following statement.
Does first contact or first meeting mean that the lovers commit to each other?
How to define the exact date of first contact or first meeting?

9. Describe how your relationship developed after your first contact/meeting with your sponsor and if you and your sponsor dated or went on any outings or trips together. Provide photos and documentary evidence of events or activities in which you both participated.

thank you..

First physical meeting circumstances,
In my case, described the circumstances that lead us to be first face to face meeting
describe in detail ur true story

wennison

Jan 31, 2014
Thank you very much. I got it.

The first meeting happened over 15 years ago when we were classmates in the university. It's hard to remember the details and the date for the first meeting.

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
wennison said:
For this question, a couple who first contacted each other online should say so, and describe how their relationship developed from then, including the first meeting in person.
In your case, the first contact was the time you met in person at school. Say so in your answer. If you don't know the exact date, well, that is normal - explain. If all you can remember was that it was in September in 2001, in a class at university, that's fine. Then you continue, explaining how you were just friends at first, grew closer, decided to commit to each other, then had a long-distance relationship for four years because of work. You then explain that you fell further in love, decided this was the person you wanted to spend the rest of your life with, and got married.
All the back story about your relationship before you decided to commit to each other is something the visa officer wants to hear.

Socorro

Mar 2, 2021
Hi.My husband will sponsor me and I live in Nicaragua.We met online .He initiated the contact first on March 31, 2019 and we spoke for 11 months using video and phone calls until we met in person at the airport in my country on March 22 , 2020 and he came to marry me .We got marry on March 27, 2020.We had a legal and church ceremony but his family could not come and no all my family or friends attended the wedding due to covid19 issues. We just spent 2 months living together after he came since he needed to go back to Canada for work and we are still in contact but it has been hard to see each other again to the flights restrictions. On the form it askes when we met and to describe circumtances of our first meeting. Should I put that we met at the airport and then I have to add all details of how the relationship was developed since the first day he sent me the first message?.