+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

First change to 'Background Check' status

Funkdakarma

Jun 7, 2011
Hello all,

My AOR date was July 4th, 2017. I've applied under FSW.

Since then, I've received 3 different requests to submit new documents (end of July, 3rd week of August, and then about a week after that). Everything has been submitted.

Today, I checked my application and the main change I see is Background Check has gone from the original status right after your application is submitted ('We have not yet started your background check' or 'We will send you a message when we start your background check' or to that effect thereof, can't remember the exact terminology) to 'Not Applicable'.

My medical exam status showed passed about 3 weeks after AOR.

I'm obviously content to pay the patience game, and I know there's no reliable way of really knowing what stage you're on based on these updates, but any light that can be shed would be nice.

Thank you.

romrumrira

Champion Member
Jan 9, 2016
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Hello all,

My AOR date was July 4th, 2017. I've applied under FSW.

Since then, I've received 3 different requests to submit new documents (end of July, 3rd week of August, and then about a week after that). Everything has been submitted.

Today, I checked my application and the main change I see is Background Check has gone from the original status right after your application is submitted ('We have not yet started your background check' or 'We will send you a message when we start your background check' or to that effect thereof, can't remember the exact terminology) to 'Not Applicable'.

My medical exam status showed passed about 3 weeks after AOR.

I'm obviously content to pay the patience game, and I know there's no reliable way of really knowing what stage you're on based on these updates, but any light that can be shed would be nice.

Thank you.
To my best guess, you are at NA2. Your next step should be IP2 > PPR email.

Reactions: Funkdakarma

Funkdakarma

Jun 7, 2011
For myself, NA2 to IP2 is around 1 month. IP2 to PPR is 16 days.
In general, it can be shorter or longer depends on your case.
Thanks for being so helpful. Just a couple more questions:

1) What exactly happens in this phase? They assess whether you are eligible for the program applied for?
2) Did you get a message in your inbox about the change to your Background Status check (from NA to In Progress)?

romrumrira

Champion Member
Jan 9, 2016
Toronto
Category........
CEC

1) What exactly happens in this phase? They assess whether you are eligible for the program applied for?
2) Did you get a message in your inbox about the change to your Background Status check (from NA to In Progress)?
1. You can check on this post: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/adr-vs-processing-after-aor.516640/#post-6343988
2. No, all of these have to be tracked manually.

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017

It shows as "Updated" after you login next to your application. But no email except for medical, RPRF payment request (at least for me so far) and hopefully PPR

Funkdakarma

Jun 7, 2011
It shows as "Updated" after you login next to your application. But no email except for medical, RPRF payment request (at least for me so far) and hopefully PPR
Thanks hamgha

I didn't receive a message or email about me passing my medical, however. Also, I've payed for the RPRF up front.

When you say email, do you mean the notification that you have a new message in your myCIC inbox?

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
Yes, I didn't
Thanks hamgha

I didn't receive a message or email about me passing my medical, however. Also, I've payed for the RPRF up front.

When you say email, do you mean the notification that you have a new message in your myCIC inbox?
Yes, I didn't get it for changes in bg check. For these I only saw them after I login it shows the table with PR application and the word Submitted was replaced by Updated. After I click on "View messages" it went back to submitted because I "saw" the changes.

Funkdakarma

Jun 7, 2011
Yes, I didn't

Yes, I didn't get it for changes in bg check. For these I only saw them after I login it shows the table with PR application and the word Submitted was replaced by Updated. After I click on "View messages" it went back to submitted because I "saw" the changes.
Thanks!