+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Finished medicals and marital status changed..

bramyah

Star Member
Jan 26, 2007
Hi ,

I finished my medicals in march and waiting for final decision. I got married this june and informed my processing centre about the same. They replied asking me to amend my application and submit PR application kit for my spouse.

My query is ..

If I dont want to include spouse at this point of time, what applications do I need to submit? Please guide me.

tHANKS,
rAM

olusolalekan

Jul 3, 2008
you should have waited for the PR before getting married then...so then you can file for her when you land.
You could also have told them when you informed them that she will not be coming with you instantly.
All you have to do now is fill the required forms and send it to them as soon as possible so that they can send her the required medical forms. You may also save time by applying for the FBI for her right now. Put a cover letter on your fBI request saying that you need it in 2 weeks. they always respond to cover letter. I got a phone call from fbi telling me i needed to send the payment same day cos i didn't sign my money order. I gave them my credit card for the payment and got the fbi report after 4 days!
Save time, act fast.

promise

Jun 28, 2008
Hi Olusolalekan,

Are you a Nigerian?How long did it take you for the process of your application, i want to apply but i am discourage because the processing time is too long 3 to 4years.

Pls kindly advice

olusolalekan

Jul 3, 2008
Bramyah...I am sorry. i thought you live in the US. She will only need police report of countries she has lived for more than 6 months.

olusolalekan

Jul 3, 2008
Promise,

yes I am. If you like canada, there is no point waiting. it may be long but i can tell you that I procastinated and found myself left behind by great friends. Even if na 10 years, just apply and wait. Do other interesting thinga and the time will come. The new rule will ensure that the process is faster. especially for those with the skills in short supply in canada.

You may also want to consider the PNP. Manitoba has a PNP for nigerians and that will fast-track your application

Olusolalekan

promise

Jun 28, 2008
Olusolalalekan,

Thanks bros, pls how do i go about the PNP Manitoba? are there any site i can i apply to? and pls what do you mean by PNP?

I read Accountancy BSC 4 years working experience.pls kindly give me details how to go about it. i wanted to use a Law Firm in Canada?
Is it ok?
would appreciate your detail advice, you can as well reach me via nnemise@yahoo.com.

Thanks alot

olusolalekan

Jul 3, 2008
Promise,

read details at the following site

http://www.namanitoba.org/MBNP-Nami.htm

http://www.gov.mb.ca/labour/immigrate/pnp/comm_support.html

The Provincial Nominee Program (PNP) is another method of applying to immigrate to Canada. The method you are probably used to is called Federal Skilled Worker program. It works like this -
- you apply to a province (state if you like), manitoba is a province east of Ontario (where Toronto is),
- If the Province concludes that your skills is required in theor province, they will issue you a PNP certificate.
- If you are able to get the PNP certificate, then you will apply to the canadian embassy, federal level, and chose the PNP option instead of the federal skill worker that you are used to.
- The PNP route is faster than regular Federal skilled worker route. Same rules but you need a PNP certificate to get on the PNP track.
- manitoba's PNP program has many type/method. One of them is the Community Support stream. You need an approved community organization in manito to recomend you. The Province of manito has approved the Nigerian in Manitoba community. To get that Nigerian organization to nominate you, see their website i posted for you above here.
- Note that the community stream is just an option and that other provinces too have many other PNP program with different streams. Some requires job offer, some requires you to intend to come and establish a business and employ canadians. The manito Community Support program does not require job offer. Just that the community organization must recomend you.

You may read about PNP on canadavisa.com too. I found this website very useful.

I could have mailed you but i want others to read and comment on what I have to say/recommend

promise

Jun 28, 2008
Thanks Olu,

This info you provided for me is great. i will use the Community support, i have opened it once and found two addresses where i can submit my application here in Nigeria.
I will keep you posted. pls can i have your email adress incase i couldnt find this thread again. i mean this topic i found it so difficult to locate because of many topics in the forum.

Thanks alot.

olusolalekan

Jul 3, 2008
PROMISE,

THIS IS HOW YOU TRACK POSTINGS - when you sign in and on the thread, look up to the upper left of the page and you will see two links. One is to all unread posts since your last logg-on. The second link below the first one is all replies to your posts. You may reach me at mylekan@yahoo.com

PLEASE NOTE THAT I DO NOT KNOW ANYBODY IN MANITOBA AND I WANT YOU TO BELIEVE THAT THE ADDRESSES YOU ARE ASKED TO SEND YOUR APPLICATIONS TO ARE TO THE LIASON OFFICERS OF THE NIGERIAN IN MANITOBA ASSO. I DO NOT KNOW ANY ONE OF THEM AS I READ ALL THE INFO ON THE MANITOBA'S GOVERNMENT.

DO NOT PAY ANYBODY, AGAIN, DO NOT PAY ANYBODY IN ORDER TO GET SELECTED BY THE ASSOCIATION. THE MANITOBA GOVERNMENT SAID IT IS FREE AND YOU KNOW NAIJAS MAY WANT TO TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THAT PRIVILEDGE!!!!!!!!!!