+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Fingerprints

bhavikc20

Star Member
May 16, 2017
Hi all How long after you submit your fingerprints does cic take to get back to you? Its the first time I'm hearing from them since putting my application in on Oct 25th.

SB_11

Feb 28, 2022
Did anyone else get asked to get fingerprints done?
IRCC requested for my fingerprints on April 2nd, 2021 and after 2 months they updated my file stating that background verification is completed. Then, my citizenship test was completed on Dec 1st,2021. Thought next step will be Oath but no they sent me another email requesting for fingerprints again and my background verification has been updated to be in progress.

bhavikc20

Star Member
May 16, 2017
IRCC requested for my fingerprints on April 2nd, 2021 and after 2 months they updated my file stating that background verification is completed. Then, my citizenship test was completed on Dec 1st,2021. Thought next step will be Oath but no they sent me another email requesting for fingerprints again and my background verification has been updated to be in progress.
oh that is super wierd. did you ring them to find out why? youd think one set of fingerprints is more than enough.

SB_11

Feb 28, 2022
oh that is super wierd. did you ring them to find out why? youd think one set of fingerprints is more than enough.
Did call them , agent informed me that fingerprints are valid only for an year. I did shoot an email to IRCC too, let's see what's their explanation. It's frustrating

bhavikc20

Star Member
May 16, 2017
Did call them , agent informed me that fingerprints are valid only for an year. I did shoot an email to IRCC too, let's see what's their explanation. It's frustrating
ah ok that is wierd. fingerprints is a cost aswel so doing it for the 2nd time really is frustrating. i hope all works out for you

SB_11

Feb 28, 2022
ah ok that is wierd. fingerprints is a cost aswel so doing it for the 2nd time really is frustrating. i hope all works out for you
Yeah it's expensive. We are paying due to their delay. Pointless to argue with agent as they have limited access.

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Because the previous FP were expiring in Apr this year thats why they requested the FP a second time.
I think you application should be completed soon

Reactions: bhavikc20