+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Fingerprints

links18

Champion Member
Feb 1, 2006
Under what circumstances does CIC request fingerprints as part of the citizenship process? Why are some applicants asked for fingerprints and others are not?

Jes

Dec 10, 2007
In my case I think it was because my name combination (and its variations) is very common. I also think that the country of origin is important, since some countries have less than optimal record keeping procedures ;).

What I really want to know is if they check you only for criminal records committed in Canada, since you have been here, or the redo the big background check before coming here in addition to the criminal check.

Fadz

Mar 14, 2014
Thought Id revive this thread for a bit..

Timeline:
We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on June 10, 2013.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on June 10, 2013. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on August 28, 2013

Fingerprint Request Jan 27, 2013

Fingerprint Done Jan 28, 2013

RCMP done and sent back to CIC Jan 29, 2013

CIC received Feb 6, 2013

Now waiting.. Not sure what am i waiting for but am I waiting for NSIS clearance? Anyone with similar timelines and heard about test or oath?

Thanks

boasorte

Aug 3, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Halifax
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I also got requested for my fingerprints. Requested/sent at the beginning of the month.

How did you find out when the fingerprints were received by CIC?

Fadz

Mar 14, 2014
Thanks for the heads up

Timeline:
We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on June 10, 2013.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on June 10, 2013. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on August 28, 2013

Fingerprint Request Jan 27, 2014

Fingerprint Done Jan 28, 2014

RCMP done and sent back to CIC Jan 29, 2014

CIC received Feb 6, 2014

Now waiting..

As to how i found out i just gave them a call.. Ask for a status update and they should let you know.. but I only gave them a call when i confirmed with the RCMP that they were done on their end (Through Email)

Fadz

Mar 14, 2014
St Claire

If anyone has similar timelines or FP experience for that matter please do share your experience

believe13

Star Member
Sep 18, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
[quote author=Fachanged=topic=183490.msg2976033#msg2976033 date=1394809439]
St Claire

If anyone has similar timelines or FP experience for that matter please do share your experience

[/quote]

Hi

I am interested to know more experience of fingerprints rqst too.

Timeline:
sept 9 2013 application sent
Nov 9 2013 CIC rcvd & AOR with discover Canada sent
Dec 2013 ECAS access
Jan 2014 rcvd line removed (transferred to Mississauga)?
March 10 2014 letter rqstd for fingerprints

My ECAS has not changed there is another Sept applicant in the same position. I hope once they rcv our fingerprints will get test date. I think it is just random as CIC are making a lot of changes to citizen applications.

FADZ u have been waiting whole month now hope you get a reply for test date soon

Fadz

Mar 14, 2014
believe13 said:
Hi

I am interested to know more experience of fingerprints rqst too.

Timeline:
sept 9 2013 application sent
Nov 9 2013 CIC rcvd & AOR with discover Canada sent
Dec 2013 ECAS access
Jan 2014 rcvd line removed (transferred to Mississauga)?
March 10 2014 letter rqstd for fingerprints

My ECAS has not changed there is another Sept applicant in the same position. I hope once they rcv our fingerprints will get test date. I think it is just random as CIC are making a lot of changes to citizen applications.

FADZ u have been waiting whole month now hope you get a reply for test date soon
Ya its all random if you ask me.. ECAS will not change for fingerprints you will have to actually call them and confirm they have received it..

I have a question for you, On the fingerprint letter, whats the office that it was sent from? Mississauga or St Claire?

GIAWM

Star Member
Nov 12, 2009
Hi Fadz,
I received the request for fingerprints from St. Clair. Earlier when I called CIC the representative said my local office is Mississauga...

Fadz

Mar 14, 2014
GIAWM said:
Hi Fadz,
I received the request for fingerprints from St. Clair. Earlier when I called CIC the representative said my local office is Mississauga...
Ya then probably same case for me then.. Whats ur timeline and status GIAWM?

believe13

Star Member
Sep 18, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Fadz said:
Ya its all random if you ask me.. ECAS will not change for fingerprints you will have to actually call them and confirm they have received it..

I have a question for you, On the fingerprint letter, whats the office that it was sent from? Mississauga or St Claire?
Hi Fadz

Its been sent from Mississauga which is my local office been transferred since January when rcvd line disappeared

wadelmaki

Star Member
Sep 17, 2013
Hi Guys, I need some input from you regarding timeline to get a fingerprint letter:

I applied in July, I have phoned in to CIC recently to check on my status and to see if my file has been transferred to local office or not and they told me a fingerprint request has been mailed to me on March 3rd, and I have not received it yet (don't know why)! It did not show on my ECAS as well, and I phoned them that the letter might be lost, they told me I have to wait for six weeks before they send me a another one.

I just want to know if there is a time lag between CIC drafting those letters for fingerprint and when they are sent out to applicants (similar to sending AOR)?

Thanks

Fadz

Mar 14, 2014
wadelmaki said:
Hi Guys, I need some input from you regarding timeline to get a fingerprint letter:

I applied in July, I have phoned in to CIC recently to check on my status and to see if my file has been transferred to local office or not and they told me a fingerprint request has been mailed to me on March 3rd, and I have not received it yet (don't know why)! It did not show on my ECAS as well, and I phoned them that the letter might be lost, they told me I have to wait for six weeks before they send me a another one.

I just want to know if there is a time lag between CIC drafting those letters for fingerprint and when they are sent out to applicants (similar to sending AOR)?

Thanks
For me it was 10 days between the date that was on the letter and when i actually recieved it

wadelmaki

Star Member
Sep 17, 2013
Fadz said:
For me it was 10 days between the date that was on the letter and when i actually recieved it
Thanks Fadz,

I think my letter is lost then and I have to wait for another three weeks before calling them back again!