+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Fingerprints taken a week ago, status on IRCC website says they are still "waiting on me"

Jul 30, 2022
On March 8th, I got an email from IRCC that I need to submit my fingerprints in order for them to continue processing my citizenship application. I went to an RCMP accredited agency (found on their website), and submitted my fingerprint on March 12. When I check my application status on IRCC, it still shows "We are waiting on you" message. I assumed fingerprints are transmitted digitally and thus the status should update withing a business day.

Has anyone been on the same boat? Am I being paranoid? I am considering to call the agency / IRCC to get a clarification.

smfcoder

Feb 19, 2016
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
18.May.2016
Nomination.....
16.Nov.2016 ITA
AOR Received.
14.Jan.2017
Med's Done....
31.Jan.2017
Passport Req..
7.Apr.2017
VISA ISSUED...
4.May.2017
It took me a full week for the fingerprint status to get updated. I'd recommend calling if it's not updated in a couple of days.

Jul 30, 2022
UPDATE: I contacted IRCC through the case specific inquiry web form. They confirmed they received the fingerprints. The system will eventually update to show my correct status.

xf2278389393

Aug 27, 2023
I assumed fingerprints are transmitted digitally and thus the status should update withing a business day.
The prints are sent to the RCMP digitally. The RCMP runs a search against the Fingerprints Repository and the National Criminal Records Repository. A report is then generated with the results, printed and embossed, and then finally mailed out. Once this report is printed, the fingerprints are destroyed in compliance with the Privacy Act.
The only time a printed report isn't necessary is for federal employment when only the Document Control Number (DCN) is transmitted.