No !
A lot of members here got it.
relax.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Hamid khan said:
Then why Cic asked fingerprints
can be a standard request especially maybe where people have similar names from same country.

Nothing to worry about unless you have something to hide !

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
Hamid khan said:
Then why Cic asked fingerprints
There are various reasons why IRCC may request fingerprints. The primary and most common reason is probably to verify the applicant's identity, although this in turn may arise relative to various concerns.

For example, as already noted, there are often very similar names associated with the same date of birth, and IRCC may see a need to distinguish the applicant from another individual with a similar name in their database, or RCMP may need to distinguish a hit on a similar name in their databases (RCMP background check goes beyond name-based criminal records).

So sure, any criminal history is likely to trigger a fingerprint request, but any applicant who does not have a criminal record has nothing to worry about if IRCC requests fingerprints. Many participants in this and other forums have reported minimal delays in processing their application after responding to a fingerprint request.

links18

Champion Member
Feb 1, 2006
Better hope you didn't leave your fingerprints behind inadvertently at a place that then became a crime scene? :D Ha, don't worry about it....

Hamid khan

Champion Member
Apr 29, 2013
links18 said:
Better hope you didn't leave your fingerprints behind inadvertently at a place that then became a crime scene? :D Ha, don't worry about it....

What I understand fingerprints requested doesn't mean criminal record

links18

Champion Member
Feb 1, 2006
Hamid khan said:
What I understand fingerprints requested doesn't mean criminal record
No it doesn't. But now your prints will be in the RCMP data base forever, so wear gloves going forward. :eek: and yes I am joking around.