+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Fingerprints received by IRCC 3 months ago, but no change in Background check.

RazaM

Star Member
Jun 19, 2022
Hi, little bit curious to know what's the status of others in this forum. I received FP request and done the other days. IRCC received FP results after two weeks. It's been now over 3 months now that IRCC received my FP but I don't see any change in Background Check. Usually Background Check changes to Complete the next day or week after your FP results are received, but in my case IRCC is taking soo long to complete Background check even though they received FP results from RCMP.
Anyone on the same boat?

Reactions: elbob

yhome

Star Member
Mar 23, 2016
Hi, little bit curious to know what's the status of others in this forum. I received FP request and done the other days. IRCC received FP results after two weeks. It's been now over 3 months now that IRCC received my FP but I don't see any change in Background Check. Usually Background Check changes to Complete the next day or week after your FP results are received, but in my case IRCC is taking soo long to complete Background check even though they received FP results from RCMP.
Anyone on the same boat?
Did you get the test completed? If yes, then probably your background check will take a while like people in this thread https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/online-applicants-test-completed-in-more-than-2-months-and-everything-else-still-in-progress-including-bg.755219/

RazaM

Star Member
Jun 19, 2022
No I haven't received invitation for Test. This is bizarre because I never see this trend before, people usually get FP requests but they also get Citizenship Test while background check is in progress.
Status of my wife's application is "Decision made" in July, but my application is stuck at Background check :(

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Anyone on the same boat?
Most likely your application is under security screening (SS)
SS is notoriously time consuming. You can ask @rizwan150 about it, he is in a similar situation...

elbob

Star Member
Aug 31, 2013
Ouch, what a mess! hard to plan vacations or general travel with this lack of transparency!

I'm sure, if I do travel, I'll get an email the very next day I'm out of Canada about the test :D

RazaM

Star Member
Jun 19, 2022
Ouch, what a mess! hard to plan vacations or general travel with this lack of transparency!

I'm sure, if I do travel, I'll get an email the very next day I'm out of Canada about the test :D
Good luck, I had the same hope, though I already traveled and returned a month ago. May be your travel will bring you luck.

Reactions: elbob

canvis2006

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2009
Toronto
Visa Office......
Paris, France
NOC Code......
FC4 - PGP
App. Filed.......
May 2009
Doc's Request.
March 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 2013
Med's Request
May 2013
Passport Req..
July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
There is no harm in inquiring status update on your files.

johnjkjk

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2016
Security screening is very slow for some people. I'm 6 months past test and FP (criminality passed) and 15 months past application. Can't do anything but wait. There's been some movement recently for people with April test/background start and June/July 2022 application, so there is hope.

Reactions: SALEMALI and elbob

grapehair

Jan 14, 2017
Applied on June 1 2021 with Sep 09 AOR. Test completed on Feb 11, 2022. Got stuck in SS for almost 10 months. Just got my BG check completed on Dec 16. So yea, SS takes time.

Reactions: manmoi31 and elbob

alibaba2021

Apr 28, 2021
Security screening is very slow for some people. I'm 6 months past test and FP (criminality passed) and 15 months past application. Can't do anything but wait. There's been some movement recently for people with April test/background start and June/July 2022 application, so there is hope.
Sorry but what do you mean by June/July 2022 application?