+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Fingerprints - just me or spouse too?

peoplesoft

Jan 31, 2013
Hi all,

I got a letter today to get "A certified RCMP criminal record check based on fingerprints."

I have applied for the PR under CEC for myself, my spouse and a 6 year old kid.

My question is, do we all need to have our fingerprints taken or just me (i.e the principle applicant)?

Thanks in advance for your replies!

CEC_1304

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2014
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
02-May 2015
peoplesoft said:
Hi all,

I got a letter today to get "A certified RCMP criminal record check based on fingerprints."

I have applied for the PR under CEC for myself, my spouse and a 6 year old kid.

My question is, do we all need to have our fingerprints taken or just me (i.e the principle applicant)?

Thanks in advance for your replies!
What A co-incident. same Q i also posted . I have also exactly same Question . as today only I got this mail form CIC
Waiting for some expert opinion.
PS: But as per my guess , it may require for Spouse also but not for child as he is less than 18 Year . But can't assure

Thanks

peoplesoft

Jan 31, 2013
CEC_1304 said:
What A co-incident. same Q i also posted . I have also exactly same Question . as today only I got this mail form CIC
Waiting for some expert opinion.
PS: But as per my guess , it may require for Spouse also but not for child as he is less than 18 Year . But can't assure

Thanks
I am guessing the same but it would be great to get a confirmation.

GHD1213

Nov 30, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2013
AOR Received.
29-10-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
21-03-2014
Passport Req..
09-05-2014
peoplesoft said:
I am guessing the same but it would be great to get a confirmation.
There should be separate request email for each of family member if they request. In the email, it clearly said for whom the request is made. If request for you or spouse only, do not need to provide both. Your daughter dies not need for sure as she is below 18.

alijumani

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2011
Toronto
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
09-08-2015
I got this email from CPC today

[red]This is in reference to your application for permanent residence in Canada. In order for us to continue the processing of your application, we require the following document:

FOR YOUR SPOUSE AND ANY OTHER DEPENDENTS OVER THE AGE OF 18;

Ø Police Certificate: A certified RCMP criminal record check based on fingerprints.
Please consult http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/cr-cj/fing-empr2-eng.htm for detailed instructions.

NOTE: IF YOU HAVE ALREADY SUBMITTED THIS DOCUMENT, PLEASE DISREGARD THIS REQUEST. WE WILL CONTACT YOU WITH FURTHER INSTRUCTION ONCE A VISA OFFICER HAS REVIEWED YOUR APPLICATION.

The above information/documents must be received in our office within 60 days from the date of this letter. Please quote your complete application number on your correspondence and address your correspondence to the address indicated below.

Thank you for the interest you have shown in Canada.[/red]

Further to this request, my wife has never been to Canada so I sent the below mention email to CPC:

[blue]Dear Immigration Officer,

With reference to your below mention email regarding RCMP request. I have a question my wife has never been to Canada before do I have to submit RCMP clearance certificate for my wife too or it is just for me?

My details are as follows:

Last name: XXXX
Given name: XXXX
DOB: XXXX
Application: XXXX
UCI: XXXX-XXXX

I shall remain grateful for your prompt reply in the said matter.

Best regards,
XXXX[/blue]

Seniors, please advise.

peoplesoft

Jan 31, 2013
GHD1213 said:
There should be separate request email for each of family member if they request. In the email, it clearly said for whom the request is made. If request for you or spouse only, do not need to provide both. Your daughter dies not need for sure as she is below 18.
Thanks.

One follow up question: What's the whole process? I give my fingerprints to agency, agency/RCMP sends results to CIC or will it be sent to me?

GHD1213

Nov 30, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2013
AOR Received.
29-10-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
21-03-2014
Passport Req..
09-05-2014
peoplesoft said:
Thanks.

One follow up question: What's the whole process? I give my fingerprints to agency, agency/RCMP sends results to CIC or will it be sent to me?
You have the option to direct the agency where you would like it to be sent. I suggest to send it to you and you courier to cic as you can track it to make sure it is delivered successfully.

alijumani

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2011
Toronto
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
09-08-2015
GHD1213 said:
You have the option to direct the agency where you would like it to be sent. I suggest to send it to you and you courier to cic as you can track it to make sure it is delivered successfully.
I second that, I did my fingerprints today for RCMP and I gave my address for RCMP Certificate to be mailed. I thought it is better that I send results to CPC

GHD1213

Nov 30, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2013
AOR Received.
29-10-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
21-03-2014
Passport Req..
09-05-2014
alijumani said:

[red]This is in reference to your application for permanent residence in Canada. In order for us to continue the processing of your application, we require the following document:

Ø Police Certificate: A certified RCMP criminal record check based on fingerprints.
Please consult http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/cr-cj/fing-empr2-eng.htm for detailed instructions.

NOTE: IF YOU HAVE ALREADY SUBMITTED THIS DOCUMENT, PLEASE DISREGARD THIS REQUEST. WE WILL CONTACT YOU WITH FURTHER INSTRUCTION ONCE A VISA OFFICER HAS REVIEWED YOUR APPLICATION.

The above information/documents must be received in our office within 60 days from the date of this letter. Please quote your complete application number on your correspondence and address your correspondence to the address indicated below.

Further to this request, my wife has never been to Canada so I sent the below mention email to CPC:

With reference to your below mention email regarding RCMP request. I have a question my wife has never been to Canada before do I have to submit RCMP clearance certificate for my wife too or it is just for me?

Best regards,
XXXX[/blue]

Seniors, please advise.
This email is looking for RCMP for your spouse and children over 18. I think there is a name in their system matching your spouse/children's name, so that they need to clear the concern. But if I were you, I would ask your spouse to do it anyway as your spouse is not in Canada, it would take longer to be processed by RCMP.

alijumani

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2011
Toronto
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
09-08-2015
GHD1213 said:
This email is looking for RCMP for your spouse and children over 18. I think there is a name in their system matching your spouse/children's name, so that they need to clear the concern. But if I were you, I would ask your spouse to do it anyway as your spouse is not in Canada, it would take longer to be processed by RCMP.
My wife has never been to Canada. Moreover, my wife also applied online for SOWP in February and gave her biometrics to the VAC

pfse

Mar 20, 2014
alijumani said:
My wife has never been to Canada. Moreover, my wife also applied online for SOWP in February and gave her biometrics to the VAC
Well, thoretically your wife could have been to Canada with different name... And you just ask CIC to trust your word. It would be almost the same as you would ask for yourself to drop RCMP request because you never committed crime in Canada.

It seems they are selecting application randomly and sending rcmp requests in batches. The last batch was on March, 21 (according to trakitt)

luckyb

Star Member
Feb 4, 2014
GHD1213 said:
Hmm.. Isn't it better to have the regional police to submit it electronically? I thought it would be faster that way?
(I am doing fingerprinting next Wednesday)

GHD1213

Nov 30, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2013
AOR Received.
29-10-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
21-03-2014
Passport Req..
09-05-2014
luckyb said:
Hmm.. Isn't it better to have the regional police to submit it electronically? I thought it would be faster that way?
(I am doing fingerprinting next Wednesday)
Not really, I did in fingerprint agency on one Sat and received the hard copy on Thurs, only 4 days. If no criminal record, the RCMP cert is released in 72 hours.

My view is always better to have the process under your own control. There were some posts where the members directed to send to cic directly and cic said did not received it. If you send it thru courier, you do bnot need to worry such thing.

CEC_1304

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2014
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
02-May 2015
alijumani said:

Best regards,
XXXX[/blue]

Seniors, please advise.
Hi All,
In your mail it's clearly mentioned they asked for all members more than 18 year old . but I gor this mail
------------

This is in reference to your application for permanent residence in Canada. In order for us to continue the processing of your application, we require the following document:

----------------------------

So should I send finger print for my Spouse also ?

Thanks in advance

GHD1213

Nov 30, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2013
AOR Received.
29-10-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
21-03-2014
Passport Req..
09-05-2014
Hi CEC 1304, this is the request for yourself only! As I mentioned, if it requests for spouse and other members, you should receive separate email where specifically mentioned in the email like the Email quoted "for your spouse and other dependents over 18".