+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Fingerprints in Nairobi, Kenya

Jeyosman

Star Member
Oct 5, 2020
In Saudi Arabia if you are an illegal resident you are not required fingerprints. What about Kenya.

dcowboys

Star Member
Apr 17, 2019
In Saudi Arabia if you are an illegal resident you are not required fingerprints. What about Kenya.
Legal status was not required for finger prints. Wife got them fine with no issues and they don't ask to see your Iqama since it is not the Saudi government doing the biometrics. Background check is local government but that is not required if you don't have status as you can let them know via email when they ask for it. I would recommend you email them via the webform asking the question.

Jeyosman

Star Member
Oct 5, 2020
Legal status was not required for finger prints. Wife got them fine with no issues and they don't ask to see your Iqama since it is not the Saudi government doing the biometrics. Background check is local government but that is not required if you don't have status as you can let them know via email when they ask for it. I would recommend you email them via the webform asking the question.
I know Saudi Arabia. I am asking for those living Kenya and don't have status. Check this website :
How to get a Police Certificate
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/police-certificates/how/kenya.html

Jeyosman

Star Member
Oct 5, 2020
I am asking Kenya for those living there that do not have status

Jeyosman

Star Member
Oct 5, 2020
There two places you can get fingerprints done in Kenya; the CID or the Refugee Secretariat.
We have Refugee Affairs Secretariat - Asylum Seeker Pass, Movement Pass and GOK proof of Registration. But the IRCC website wants CID
If you live in Kenya (refugees in Kenya):
You should apply in person at the CID Headquarters-Nairobi (see Special notes and considerations for complete address). You must allow your fingerprints and palm prints to be recorded on a prescribed form and you must also bring:
  • Your original and a copy of a valid UNHCR mandate letter. A movement pass from a transit centre or refugee camp is also mandatory. Note: recommendations from other government or non-governmental organizations are not acceptable
  • Applicable fees

Crazywire

Star Member
Jul 6, 2020
We have Refugee Affairs Secretariat - Asylum Seeker Pass, Movement Pass and GOK proof of Registration. But the IRCC website wants CID
You should apply in person at the CID Headquarters-Nairobi (see Special notes and considerations for complete address). You must allow your fingerprints and palm prints to be recorded on a prescribed form and you must also bring:
  • Your original and a copy of a valid UNHCR mandate letter. A movement pass from a transit centre or refugee camp is also mandatory. Note: recommendations from other government or non-governmental organizations are not acceptable
  • Applicable fees
There are certain nationalities the CID wouldn't give PCC and you have to go to the refugee secretariat.

Jeyosman

Star Member
Oct 5, 2020
If you meant to get biometric, it is done by Vfs Global in Kenya.
Police Clearance Certification
  • Applicable fees