+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Fingerprints for FBI record check in UK

silky28

Star Member
Sep 11, 2013
That's wise. My wife and I don't have a kid, so we have to provide the relationship substantiation documents. I'm also living outside of Canada right now, so establishing that I will move and support myself adds some extra burden. Based on what you're saying, I'd be doing the same thing. Keeping it simple, and just going with what the checklist asks for.

I'll probably keep mine lean and mean as well, to the best of my abilities. I'm required to send photos and documents, but I don't need to drown them.
Seriously, I would not over think this. Provide what they ask but don't go overboard. One thing that may help you, that I have seen others do, is to organize the application with a sort of table of contents so it is easy for the reviewer to assess your file. I suggest that the easier you make it on the reviewer, the easier they will go on you! I did this exact thing when I was audited by CRA - everything was super well organized so the assessor barely had to do anything. Made it through that without problems.

goldfinger

Nov 18, 2019
Seriously, I would not over think this. Provide what they ask but don't go overboard. One thing that may help you, that I have seen others do, is to organize the application with a sort of table of contents so it is easy for the reviewer to assess your file. I suggest that the easier you make it on the reviewer, the easier they will go on you! I did this exact thing when I was audited by CRA - everything was super well organized so the assessor barely had to do anything. Made it through that without problems.
I am a habitual overthinker. I'm going to take your advice though, and make sure that my application is adequate, but trim. No need to double up on documents or anything. I like your table of contents idea. Should that be place on the very top above the checklist?

Let me know your thoughts. Thanks!

silky28

Star Member
Sep 11, 2013
I would put the table after the checklist...the rest sounds good.

We are having a hell of a time doing the fingerprints. We have tried 3 different inks but they are just too wet. Cannot get a good quality fingerprint because they come out blotchy. I'm trying to find a "dry" ink pad - like the police use - but not luck. I see in videos when police do it the finger looks like its tinted with ink...when we do it the finger looks soaked in ink.