+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Fingerprints - Contributor Individual Reference number not included

AudreyTh

Nov 20, 2021
Hello,
I applied for Citizenship and have been asked to provide my fingerprints. I did them at the RCMP office. The instructions clearly indicate that the Contributor Individual Reference Number is "required". I told the agent 3 times to make sure to include it, I also gave her the paper but for some reason she didn't.
I wonder if this will be an issue for linking them to my application and if I should take them again to avoid losing time.
I contacted IRCC through the form but they don't answer. I also contacted them by phone but it is impossible to speak to someone.
Anyone has a similar issue? Does someone know how long it usually takes after submitting the fingerprints to appear in the application tracker account?
Thanks in advance!

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Hello,
I applied for Citizenship and have been asked to provide my fingerprints. I did them at the RCMP office. The instructions clearly indicate that the Contributor Individual Reference Number is "required". I told the agent 3 times to make sure to include it, I also gave her the paper but for some reason she didn't.
I wonder if this will be an issue for linking them to my application and if I should take them again to avoid losing time.
I contacted IRCC through the form but they don't answer. I also contacted them by phone but it is impossible to speak to someone.
Anyone has a similar issue? Does someone know how long it usually takes after submitting the fingerprints to appear in the application tracker account?
Thanks in advance!
If you have provided the FP few weeks ago, I would suggest to contact RCMP over the phone and ask them the status of your FP
RCMP contact# is mentioned in this link: https://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/en/contact-information
They may ask you to provide DCN# (Document Control#),, name, DoB, Address etc to verify your credentials over the phone... DCN# is usually on the receipt that you get after you do the FP at an agency. If you dont have you can tell RCMP.
Ask them if they have received the FP, Have the FP been completed and have they mailed the results to IRCC for further processing..

AudreyTh

Nov 20, 2021
If you have provided the FP few weeks ago, I would suggest to contact RCMP over the phone and ask them the status of your FP
RCMP contact# is mentioned in this link: https://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/en/contact-information
They may ask you to provide DCN# (Document Control#),, name, DoB, Address etc to verify your credentials over the phone... DCN# is usually on the receipt that you get after you do the FP at an agency. If you dont have you can tell RCMP.
Ask them if they have received the FP, Have the FP been completed and have they mailed the results to IRCC for further processing..
Thanks so much for taking the time to respond! I will definitely give them a call to verify. It has been a couple of weeks only. I'm more concerned that IRCC won't linked my fingerprints to my application as the required contributor number was not added by the RCMP officer to my fingerprints.
Do you know by chance how long it usually takes to be updated on the application tracker account. My status is still " Waiting on you"...

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Thanks so much for taking the time to respond! I will definitely give them a call to verify. It has been a couple of weeks only. I'm more concerned that IRCC won't linked my fingerprints to my application as the required contributor number was not added by the RCMP officer to my fingerprints.
Do you know by chance how long it usually takes to be updated on the application tracker account. My status is still " Waiting on you"...
I don't see it would be an issue, key is that RCMP should mail the test results in time.
It takes between 3-6 weeks for the FP to be updated on the citizenship application tracker
I am in ON and I used a third party fingerprinting center accredited by RCMP for the FP process

Reactions: AudreyTh

AudreyTh

Nov 20, 2021
I don't see it would be an issue, key is that RCMP should mail the test results in time.
It takes between 3-6 weeks for the FP to be updated on the citizenship application tracker
I am in ON and I used a third party fingerprinting center accredited by RCMP for the FP process
Thanks so much. I appreciate! I will wait a little bit and give RCMP a call if I haven't received any updates on my account. Good to know the average process timeline! :)

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Thanks so much. I appreciate! I will wait a little bit and give RCMP a call if I haven't received any updates on my account. Good to know the average process timeline! :)
There is no harm, in calling them now, they are very responsive, you may get some +ve update earlier rather than just waiting for few more days

Reactions: AudreyTh

RazaM

Star Member
Jun 19, 2022
Hi @abbas.pasha
Is your FP status updated on citizenship tracker? If yes, what's the total time it took from the day you submit FP visa third party and updating status in citizenship tracker?
I'm in same boat, submitted FP through a third party from ON and FP has to go to Vancouver office through RCMP.

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Hi @abbas.pasha
Is your FP status updated on citizenship tracker? If yes, what's the total time it took from the day you submit FP visa third party and updating status in citizenship tracker?
I'm in same boat, submitted FP through a third party from ON and FP has to go to Vancouver office through RCMP.
Yes it has been updated...
FP requested on Mar 9 (by IRCC Vancouver office, even though Scarborough is the primary office for me)
FP submitted on Mar 12
FP received on Mar 13
BGC marked completed Apr 24

RazaM

Star Member
Jun 19, 2022
FP requested on Mar 9 (by IRCC Vancouver office, even though Scarborough is the primary office for me)
FP submitted on Mar 12
FP received on Mar 13
My FP were captured by third party on June 18 in Mississauga. Since then I don't see any change in status on Citizenship tracker.
RCMP Processing time in case of no criminal record is 3 days or less + canada post time. I don't have any criminal record, so I assume they already posted my records. It seems like it's a matter of time for IRCC to update in the tracker.

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
My FP were captured by third party on June 18 in Mississauga. Since then I don't see any change in status on Citizenship tracker.
RCMP Processing time in case of no criminal record is 3 days or less + canada post time. I don't have any criminal record, so I assume they already posted my records. It seems like it's a matter of time for IRCC to update in the tracker.
From what I know it usually takes between 3-6 weeks for FP to be updated and BGC completed...

RazaM

Star Member
Jun 19, 2022
FP submitted on Mar 12
FP received on Mar 13
@abbas.pasha sorry for asking too many question; how do you find your primary office?

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
@abbas.pasha sorry for asking too many question; how do you find your primary office?
Through GCMS notes that i applied using this link: https://atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca/atip/welcome.do
Once you apply it takes about a month or more for them email you the notes

GCMS (Global Case Management System) is a software system used by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) to process immigration and citizenship applications. GCMS is a single integrated system designed to process applications both inside Canada and outside.

GCMS Notes provide valuable information on the current status and future processing of your application for Canadian Visa cases such as Express Entry applications, tourist visas, Study and Work permits, Citizenship etc.

RazaM

Star Member
Jun 19, 2022
Through GCMS notes that i applied using this link: https://atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca/atip/welcome.do
Once you apply it takes about a month or more for them email you the notes

GCMS (Global Case Management System) is a software system used by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) to process immigration and citizenship applications. GCMS is a single integrated system designed to process applications both inside Canada and outside.

GCMS Notes provide valuable information on the current status and future processing of your application for Canadian Visa cases such as Express Entry applications, tourist visas, Study and Work permits, Citizenship etc.
Thank you Abbas. I check another post on how to find citizenship processing office, here is another way to find out:
You find out the office in the email address for the test invite, for e.g.

DN Cit SCR Scheduling / Convocation SCR Cit RN (IRCC) <IRCC.DNCitSCRScheduling-ConvocationSCRCitRN.IRCC@cic.gc.ca>

So, this is Scarborough office.

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Thank you Abbas. I check another post on how to find citizenship processing office, here is another way to find out:
You find out the office in the email address for the test invite, for e.g.

DN Cit SCR Scheduling / Convocation SCR Cit RN (IRCC) <IRCC.DNCitSCRScheduling-ConvocationSCRCitRN.IRCC@cic.gc.ca>

So, this is Scarborough office.
Yeah that is also another way.... I was not aware that you have completed your test...