+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Fingerprints before test invite!!!

CAN.east

Feb 15, 2018
Hello guys

I would like to know about your experience in case of fingerprints request, before test!!!
I want to know, how long it takes CIC to recieve the fingerprint results and how long it takes for the application to move to next step after fingerprints.
Also do they send test invite by regular mail or email
Thanks a lot u all amazing people

sns204

Champion Member
Dec 12, 2012
Hello guys

I would like to know about your experience in case of fingerprints request, before test!!!
I want to know, how long it takes CIC to recieve the fingerprint results and how long it takes for the application to move to next step after fingerprints.
I received my notice on a Thursday, I believe, had them done on the Friday, and according to my notes IRCC had them by the following Friday. It did not appear to affect my timeline at all.

Reactions: CAN.east

bry22281

Nov 30, 2017
Hello guys

I had mine last january 12th. Cic received my fingerprint on January 15th. On January 17th, i got my test invites for February 9th. Decision made on March 15th. After 5 days, i got the oath invites for April 10th. Edmonton applicant btw.

Reactions: CAN.east

CAN.east

Feb 15, 2018
I had mine last january 12th. Cic received my fingerprint on January 15th. On January 17th, i got my test invites for February 9th. Decision made on March 15th. After 5 days, i got the oath invites for April 10th. Edmonton applicant btw.
Good for you!!! That is fast processing, but i think it all depends on the regional processing office and the officer to which the application is assigned.

Paulson

Star Member
May 3, 2017
I had my FP taken today April 21, an RCMP accredited company at Windsor. The guy who took my FP said that RCMP would send it directly to IRCC. How would I know that it been sent and received by IRCC - any idea

bry22281

Nov 30, 2017
I had my FP taken today April 21, an RCMP accredited company at Windsor. The guy who took my FP said that RCMP would send it directly to IRCC. How would I know that it been sent and received by IRCC - any idea
Call CIC contact centre. They will be able to tell you if they got your finger print.

jazibkg

Apr 4, 2014
wow that is extremely fast! My mother is in a situation that she got a fingerprinting invite end of March and she did the fingerprinting the same day she received the letter, and is worried it would mess her timeline.

Do they update on ECAS after fingerprinting gets done or you call IRCC to check if they received it?

bry22281

Nov 30, 2017
wow that is extremely fast! My mother is in a situation that she got a fingerprinting invite end of March and she did the fingerprinting the same day she received the letter, and is worried it would mess her timeline.

Do they update on ECAS after fingerprinting gets done or you call IRCC to check if they received it?
No. You must call CIC to verify if they got it.

ruthinte

Mar 15, 2013
I have a question guys. I got schedule to take my citizenship exam on the 22nd of October and oath taking ceremony on the 24 ( depends if I’ll pass the exam) now I got the an email from cic Vancouver today, that I have to provide my finger prints by going to RCMP and send it thru electronics, my question is... is it possible to do my oath taking while they are waiting for the result of my finger prints.?

k300k3

Mar 6, 2019
I have a question guys. I got schedule to take my citizenship exam on the 22nd of October and oath taking ceremony on the 24 ( depends if I’ll pass the exam) now I got the an email from cic Vancouver today, that I have to provide my finger prints by going to RCMP and send it thru electronics, my question is... is it possible to do my oath taking while they are waiting for the result of my finger prints.?
most likely they’ll reschedule your oath. There are a lot of cases where the applicants got told that their oaths were on hold until all clearances were done. You should call call Center as well as the web form to inform the situation .

I’m sure the officer will tell you at the interview too.

ruthinte

Mar 15, 2013
most likely they’ll reschedule your oath. There are a lot of cases where the applicants got told that their oaths were on hold until all clearances were done. You should call call Center as well as the web form to inform the situation .

I’m sure the officer will tell you at the interview too.