+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Fingerprints assessment

Steffidias

Apr 8, 2016
Hello all,

I'm trying to get Permanent Residency to Canada under the FSW program for which I need to submit a set of fingerprints to obtain the Identity History Summary from the FBI as I've been living in Florida,USA for the past three years. The FBI has rejected my fingerprints saying that they aren't clear and do not bear the characteristics they need, asking to resubmit the fingerprints. They're saying that it'll take 13-15 weeks as this is again considered as a fresh application. How do I ensure that I take proper fingerprints this time? And what if it doesn't turn out well even the second time? Is there an alternative to the fingerprints? Can I submit a state PCC? Will that be sufficient? Please help.

Reactions: praveen_sanka

praveen_sanka

Aug 1, 2019
Hello @Steffidias - I know it has been a long time since you encountered this problem. I am in the similar boat. I try giving my fingerprints for IdHS in USPS and most of my fingers are not being recorded (shown as red on the digital device) due to my worn out fingerprint ridges.

FBI asked me to re-print them as they are not legible. I'm wondering what path you took. Highly appreciate if you can help me.

I could not find answer to this question anywhere on the alternatives to fingerprints as this is so uncommon.. please let me know what worked out for you