[b]IN PROCESS: 31/07/2014 DM: 11/08/2014[b]
Passport Req..
[b]24/01/2014[/b]
VISA ISSUED...
[b]07/08/2014[b]
LANDED..........
[b]19/09/2014[b]
Hi Guys,

Just thought I should let you guys know the procedure for getting fingerprinting in India,

As most of you may know, For all those applicants who have lived outside their home country (in this case India) will need a police clearance certificate for all the countries that they have lived more than 6 months.

Fingerprinting is a way of checking for convictions or any other offenses for most countries, namely FBI - USA, AFP - Australia and UAE Police. As I lived in Australia, I had to get my fingerprinting done to send along with the application, I couldnt find much help from this forum, so thought this would make things easier for people who might need fingerprinting in the future.

Firstly, I see many people people using Authorized 3rd party fingerprinting agents for getting their fingerprints done. I would not recommend you to do that, as some of these authorized agents charge up to Rs 20,000/- for getting it done and I think that is extremely expensive.

What you need to do is, go to the Central police station in your locality, and they will guide you to the fingerprint agency authorized by the Govt:, there are at least one agency like those in every city and you need to go the local treasury office and pay a challan and pay additional fees for each extra copy, for me, to get it done, it cost me less than Rs 800/- that included 3 additional copies. This procedure does not take more than a couple of hours including the time you spent to travel to the treasury office and back. It is as simple as that.

So for those who plan on getting their fingerprinting done, please contact the local police first, afterall I would assume everyone would prefer paying 800 bucks over 20000 bucks anyday.

I just explained my experience here, thought I should let everyone know coz these authorized agents are a total rip off. Hope this helps.. have a good one guys.. cheers