+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Fingerprinting for Citizenship

sang1507

Star Member
Mar 7, 2018
Hi
I have received a letter requesting fingerprinting to proceed further with my application.
I am currently tied up in USA for few more months before i travel back, but the letter states to send the fingerprinting in next 30 days.
I would like to know if we can take digital or ink finger printing in USA and then send to an RCMP agency. If Yes, what needs to be done.. is form C-216 ok for using for capturing fingerprinting?
I spoke with some RCMP agencies ... some says yes it is doable and some says No as for citizenship it is not allowed so we have to be in Canada to give our fingerprints.
Can someone share if you have a similar scenario and what was the best course of action taken.
Appreciate your advice and assistance on this.

montrealworker

Star Member
Sep 25, 2022
Hi
I have received a letter requesting fingerprinting to proceed further with my application.
I am currently tied up in USA for few more months before i travel back, but the letter states to send the fingerprinting in next 30 days.
I would like to know if we can take digital or ink finger printing in USA and then send to an RCMP agency. If Yes, what needs to be done.. is form C-216 ok for using for capturing fingerprinting?
I spoke with some RCMP agencies ... some says yes it is doable and some says No as for citizenship it is not allowed so we have to be in Canada to give our fingerprints.
Can someone share if you have a similar scenario and what was the best course of action taken.
Appreciate your advice and assistance on this.

Hey did you submit your finger prints earlier during the PR stage ?