+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Fingerprint required and RQ to be filled

Shano

Jul 28, 2012
Hi,
Just joined the forum. Applied for citizenship in dec 2011. Processing started 10 th July 2012. And with start of processing they have sent RQ and asked for fingerprints. I have read that ppl get RQ at the time of test. Can someone tell me is this a good thing or a bad sign.

look4d

Apr 17, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Shano,

I am almost the same time line, applied Dec 2011,in process on June 27th , RQ July 18th

Good luck

Shano

Jul 28, 2012
Hey, so u also got RQ and fingerprint like me before the test. Any idea if it's good or bad sign?

us2yow

Dec 15, 2010
Thats interesting !

First time I seem to be reading about request for RQ AND Fingerprints at the same time. Any explanations why ?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Shano said:
No explanation, that's what I am looking for also. Why
The fingerprints are because a person with the same/similar name and age has a criminal record in Canada and CIC wants to see if it is you or someone else.

Shano

Jul 28, 2012
That I understand that they want to double check. But is it normal to get both RQ and prints before the test. And that to only after a day of start of processing

via08

Star Member
May 24, 2012
Shano said:
That I understand that they want to double check. But is it normal to get both RQ and prints before the test. And that to only after a day of start of processing
Hi Shano,

I got RQ as soon as they started processing my application but I didn't get any finger printing request.. some got their RQ before test and after test... I'm still waiting for my test schedule...

us2yow

Dec 15, 2010
Overall, is it better to get RQ before OR after the test ? Do they have a procedure on who gets RQ before and who after test or is it a bit random ?

My guess is this is all an experimental phase where they are fine-tuning the process of speeding up processing ?

Also, it seems like Family class applications seem to get less RQs. Especially, if the spouse is Canadian and they are living here. With everybody else, it is a combination of personal circumstances and their specific case.

Well....this is my theory based on reading postings so far.

Anyway, any comments from people ?