+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Fingerprint request

BeerBeem

Feb 1, 2022
What I understand from a post on FB is that some FP agencies notify IRCC that FP has been submitted, which gets reflected on citizenship tracker the following day.
I checked with RCMP if they have sent the FP results to IRCC on 8th Apr. They said that the FP were sent on 28th March to IRCC
That explains a lot. Thanks mate :)

Reactions: abbas.pasha

DonDraper

Star Member
Apr 25, 2018
I didn't give my biometrics for PR as it was not implemented back in 2018. Do i need to give fingerprints for Citizenship? If yes, can i do it proactively or have to wait for the FP letter? Please , let me know

BeerBeem

Feb 1, 2022
I didn't give my biometrics for PR as it was not implemented back in 2018. Do i need to give fingerprints for Citizenship? If yes, can i do it proactively or have to wait for the FP letter? Please , let me know
FP can be submitted only if you have the IRCC letter requesting your FP. So you have to wait for that email. Not everyone is getting the FP request.
I got my PR in 2018 and had to submit my FP then and even now during citizenship process, so there is no rule set in stone that says when to get FP and when not.

kandy001

Nov 3, 2022
I received a fingerprint request from Vancouver office and I'm resident of Mississauga , is this expected ?

Also the finger print request is not showing in IRCC tracker , where as it is reflecting in ecas . why it is not showing in the Tracker ? did anyone faced this issue

elbob

Star Member
Aug 31, 2013
I received a fingerprint request from Vancouver office and I'm resident of Mississauga , is this expected ?

Also the finger print request is not showing in IRCC tracker , where as it is reflecting in ecas . why it is not showing in the Tracker ? did anyone faced this issue
Same. Got received Fingerprints after I submitted it by 5 weeks. Then 5 weeks later, not even Background Complete!

How difficult is it for them to check the results and make a decision on a single step?!

kadir.ayubi

Star Member
Jun 26, 2014
What I understand from a post on FB is that some FP agencies notify IRCC that FP has been submitted, which gets reflected on citizenship tracker the following day.
I checked with RCMP if they have sent the FP results to IRCC on 8th Apr. They said that the FP were sent on 28th March to IRCC
Hey @abbas.pasha

Can you please share some details around how did you contact the RCMP. Through my Google Search I came across the below Email ID and Phone Numbers. If you can please confirm if these were the numbers you called? Also, when you called them what information do they need to track your FP request?

Email: CCRTIS-SCICTR@rcmp-grc.gc.ca

Phone: 613-998-6362 between 7:30 AM and 5:30 PM Eastern Time
1-833-541-3089 between 7:30 AM and 5:30 PM Eastern Time

Really appreciate your response!

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Hey @abbas.pasha

Can you please share some details around how did you contact the RCMP. Through my Google Search I came across the below Email ID and Phone Numbers. If you can please confirm if these were the numbers you called? Also, when you called them what information do they need to track your FP request?

Email: CCRTIS-SCICTR@rcmp-grc.gc.ca

Phone: 613-998-6362 between 7:30 AM and 5:30 PM Eastern Time
1-833-541-3089 between 7:30 AM and 5:30 PM Eastern Time

Really appreciate your response!
First I emailed RCMP via the above email and provided them the DCN (Document Control Number) when I requested for info about my FP result status
However RCMP only replied back after a week or 2 to my email.

But a day after sending this email, I picked up the phone and called 613-998-6362 in the afternoon. They were super helpful asked me to confirm the DCN number and other standard date/name/address security question and they provided the update on the status that they have just sent out the results over to IRCC by regular mail and I should expect to see an update on IRCC portal by a week

Reactions: kadir.ayubi

kadir.ayubi

Star Member
Jun 26, 2014
First I emailed RCMP via the above email and provided them the DCN (Document Control Number) when I requested for info about my FP result status
However RCMP only replied back after a week or 2 to my email.

But a day after sending this email, I picked up the phone and called 613-998-6362 in the afternoon. They were super helpful asked me to confirm the DCN number and other standard date/name/address security question and they provided the update on the status that they have just sent out the results over to IRCC by regular mail and I should expect to see an update on IRCC portal by a week
Thanks so much! Really appreciate the response.

Reactions: abbas.pasha