+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Fingerprint request

rustic

Jun 16, 2017
I was asked to give RCMP fingerprints when I immigrated from within Canada. I suspect people who immigrate from other countires to Canada were not asked to submit them that time. So I am sure people like us who already gave RCMP finger prints will not be asked again them at the citizenship process as they can verify them.
If deemed necessary they may ask it again as they destroy the details within 90 days. This shall avoid a match with the database and may cause unnecessary scrutiny for a clean person. I also migrated to Canada as a PR and i was asked for it again during Citizenship application process.

ENGLISHFORCITIZENSHIP

Star Member
Jul 13, 2017
If deemed necessary they may ask it again as they destroy the details within 90 days. This shall avoid a match with the database and may cause unnecessary scrutiny for a clean person. I also migrated to Canada as a PR and i was asked for it again during Citizenship application process.

They can ask anything in the process. I think you dont get the point I make. I was asked by Immigration to go for RCMP and give my Fingerprints before the immigration. I immigrated from inside Canada. So my RCMP report is already there. They will highly unlikely ask again as they can verify instantly when they cross-check my name with RCMP fingerprint registry.

rustic

Jun 16, 2017
They can ask anything in the process. I think you dont get the point I make. I was asked by Immigration to go for RCMP and give my Fingerprints before the immigration. I immigrated from inside Canada. So my RCMP report is already there. They will highly unlikely ask again as they can verify instantly when they cross-check my name with RCMP fingerprint registry.
You did not get it, they destroy your fingerprint from database as you were clean.

ENGLISHFORCITIZENSHIP

Star Member
Jul 13, 2017
well, they again took my fingerprints when I went to change my name, in a RCMP location after my PR. So I am sure RCMP has my record. Actually, what I think is I have now a permanant fingerprint file with them. As you say immigration can delete it although they can look it up from their secret database system which they share with RCMP.

agshaheryar

May 24, 2012
Faisalabad
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-07-2009
Doc's Request.
03-09-2009
AOR Received.
24-12-2009
IELTS Request
Sent with Full Docs
File Transfer...
30-06-2010
Med's Request
16-03-2012
Med's Done....
26-04-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
PPR1 01-11-2012 & PPR2 16-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
04-12-2012
LANDED..........
April 02, 2013
My wife got finger prints request letter dated Oct 06 from st Clair ave Toronto

JJ-C

May 17, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jul 2011
Doc's Request.
Nov 4, 2013
Med's Request
Nov 4, 2013
Med's Done....
Sept 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Feb 21, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 25, 2014
LANDED..........
March 6, 2014
You will face no delay in processing , I got FP request on 26th August and on 28th August i received Test invite for 11 September. I provided Fp on 28th August. By the time of Test on 11th September , it was clear according to CIC officer. So don't worry. I already have my Oath invite for 27th October.
This is reassuring. I got my test invite and FP request same day and I was worrying this could add to my timeline. I know there is no issue but the thought that it could extra days/weeks/months to your application processing time frightens.

rustic

Jun 16, 2017
This is reassuring. I got my test invite and FP request same day and I was worrying this could add to my timeline. I know there is no issue but the thought that it could extra days/weeks/months to your application processing time frightens.
Actually Fingerprinting is a faster way to make background check. If you have a common first or last name and around the same age group or nationality. They trigger a FP to verify that you are not the same person on the database. Don't worry you will get the Oath invite as per the schedule. Best of Luck.

peter20

Feb 10, 2018
i received a letter last month to do FP (16jan) , (2,5 months after applying for citizenship).FP done on the18, send by RCMP to CIC St clair Toronto on the 22th of Jan . CIC told me it can takes a month between the time RCMP send the result and put it into my file. So i'm guessing a month delay at least for the process.

Last edited: