+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Fingerprint request while ouside of canada

Rudra24195

Dec 8, 2022
Hi All,

I am currently outside of Canada (In India) and I received fingerprint request for my citizenship process to resume. FingerPrint request letter is dated Jan. 11 and deadline is for 30 days.

I am returning back to Canada on Feb. 3rd and I also took appointment for fingerprint on the same day but I was told by fingerprint agency that it usually take 2 weeks for them to send it to visa office (In my case it is IRCC Vancouver)

Should I inform my visa office and try to reschedule the letter or I can just give fingerprint on Feb. 3rd and IRCC will consider my submission even after the deadline (delay by max 1-2 days)?

Please help if possible as I heard that rescheduling might create more delay in my file processing.
Thanks in advance

Amr0000

Oct 18, 2021
Hi All,

I am currently outside of Canada (In India) and I received fingerprint request for my citizenship process to resume. FingerPrint request letter is dated Jan. 11 and deadline is for 30 days.

I am returning back to Canada on Feb. 3rd and I also took appointment for fingerprint on the same day but I was told by fingerprint agency that it usually take 2 weeks for them to send it to visa office (In my case it is IRCC Vancouver)

Should I inform my visa office and try to reschedule the letter or I can just give fingerprint on Feb. 3rd and IRCC will consider my submission even after the deadline (delay by max 1-2 days)?

Please help if possible as I heard that rescheduling might create more delay in my file processing.
Thanks in advance
It is 30 days to do your fingerprints .... not for IRCC to receive it ... you are good man! no need to contact IRCC

Reactions: elbob

Dalboy1980

Jan 21, 2016
Hi All,

Thanks in advance
Hi so....2 weeks to send it off?!!! That's absolutely crazy! I did mine from the UK 'TWICE' and I couriered the prints across to Vancouver, the fingerprint agency uploaded them and it was sent digitally on the same day....so i.e. they receive my prints on Monday and by Tuesday everything has been sent off. Which agency are you using?

I used these guys: https://pacificfingerprintservice.ca/ absolutely fantastic to deal with, great communication and I had to call them from the UK.....Mike Olsen is the main guy there and a pleasure to deal with also.

Thanks

Reactions: Xxsaraxx

chanakyashah

May 3, 2017
I did my fingerprints from India. Don’t even think to delay your FP. Check my signature for the timeline it took me to submit from India.

zaid84

Star Member
Aug 7, 2013
Hi so....2 weeks to send it off?!!! That's absolutely crazy! I did mine from the UK 'TWICE' and I couriered the prints across to Vancouver, the fingerprint agency uploaded them and it was sent digitally on the same day....so i.e. they receive my prints on Monday and by Tuesday everything has been sent off. Which agency are you using?

I used these guys: https://pacificfingerprintservice.ca/ absolutely fantastic to deal with, great communication and I had to call them from the UK.....Mike Olsen is the main guy there and a pleasure to deal with also.

Thanks
When you do it from abroad ,do you need a notary and for what ? also do you need photos?

serious_indian

Star Member
Aug 8, 2009
I did my fingerprints from India. Don’t even think to delay your FP. Check my signature for the timeline it took me to submit from India.
Do you know a place where can get the fingerprint done here in India (if asked)? And how to send it across to IRCC (in case if one applied through paper application)?

chanakyashah

May 3, 2017
Do you know a place where can get the fingerprint done here in India (if asked)? And how to send it across to IRCC (in case if one applied through paper application)?
India is a big country :)
I am sure you will find someone in each city to do rolling FP,let me know if you need someone in Mumbai. Once you have your FP sorted out locally, then you can send those to a company in Canada (I sent them to: https://globeia.ca/)

mehkang

May 1, 2019
India
NOC Code......
Hi,
Can you please elaborate on how did you get them done from India ? Was that through VFS.
Thanks

chanakyashah

May 3, 2017
Hi,
Can you please elaborate on how did you get them done from India ? Was that through VFS.
Thanks
So I found someone in Mumbai who did rolling FPs. He already knew on which form to take these prints on, after that I sent those prints to Globeia in Toronto for digitisation. Globeia send the digital version to RCMP.