+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Fingerprint request received in citizenship application processing.

khana26

Star Member
Apr 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-11-2016
Doc's Request.
02-03-2017, Sent: 05-04-2017; 04-19-2017, Sent: 04-19-2017
AOR Received.
14-12-2016
Med's Done....
29-10-2016
Nothing new my friend. RCMP fingerprint processing is taking longer than expected. I applied for an ATIP report recently; let's see whether there is anything new for me.

Fortheloveofcanada

Star Member
Nov 25, 2015
Thank u for your reply.. But u mentioned before that u got decision made so i think u're done on the fingerprint request issue it's a matter of que to the oath.. Pls keep me updated about the atip results..
Good luck

khana26

Star Member
Apr 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-11-2016
Doc's Request.
02-03-2017, Sent: 05-04-2017; 04-19-2017, Sent: 04-19-2017
AOR Received.
14-12-2016
Med's Done....
29-10-2016
My ECAS showed decision made on the October 5th - 6 months of waiting so far with no other update except my file got transferred to CIC St Clair (from Mississauga CIC) in January, and St Clair asked for my fingerprints. I sent my fingerprints on February 1 and since then I have been waiting for the next step.
I requested an ATIP report in November and found that my RCMP clearance got expired at the end of that month. Watch out for any such expirations of clearances in your ATIP report. There are three clearances. FOSS clearance is valid for 1 year, but it is very quick to renew I read somewhere. RCMP clearance is valid for 18 months, and I am now seeing that it is not so quick to renew for some people. RCMP clearance can expire for many RQ-ed applicants. CSIS clearance is valid for 4 years; hopefully we won't go that extent!

Fortheloveofcanada

Star Member
Nov 25, 2015
I am becoming impatient! Nothing changes i am still in process since i made my test in november n fingerprints taken on february 1st! Any clue!? Any news from anyone?
Note i never had my fingerprints taken for any reason n never ever s crimnal record!
Its really frustrating! I applied on june 9th last year soon will b a year! A lot of people applied after me n are already citizens

Tamara_

Star Member
Mar 18, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear Fingerprint request victims,

Just be patient. All What we can do is to be patient. The Whole citizenship process has been a nightmare for me but I almost forgot about it and I am living my life to the fullest. Don't give yourself hard time. Just take it easy.

Tamara

Michael101

Jan 14, 2016
I received electronic fingerprint request back in February 8th and i sent it February 9th.
Late March online status changed to "decision Made". finally yesterday (May 13) i got the letter indicating the date of my citizenship oath ceremony.Fingerprint request is just a minor set back, not a big deal, Unless there is a hiding problem in the person's past.

jay2014

Jan 25, 2016
Hello,

For all those waiting on Fingerprint, please be patient, It doesn't make your application non-routine at all. My application was received on January 4, 2016, processing started February 18 and did my test on March 10. Unfortunately, a decision wasn't made at that time as I had misplaced my most recent passport that had a couple of entry and exit stamps. The Officer informed me that she would have to verify dates from CBSA. However, on April 18 I received a request for fingerprints which I sent on April 19. RCMP processed and sent the fingerprints result on April 29. Today my ecas changed to decision made. In addition my processing office is Edmonton and Fingerprints were sent to Vancouver.

Reactions: TYTBP

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
jay2014 said:
Hello,

For all those waiting on Fingerprint, please be patient, It doesn't make your application non-routine at all. My application was received on January 4, 2016, processing started February 18 and did my test on March 10. Unfortunately, a decision wasn't made at that time as I had misplaced my most recent passport that had a couple of entry and exit stamps. The Officer informed me that she would have to verify dates from CBSA. However, on April 18 I received a request for fingerprints which I sent on April 19. RCMP processed and sent the fingerprints result on April 29. Today my ecas changed to decision made. In addition my processing office is Edmonton and Fingerprints were sent to Vancouver.
To the extent you mean that a fingerprint request will not necessarily result in a lengthy delay, that is correct, and a very good point worth repeating. A fingerprint request in itself is no reason to be discouraged.

However, from the perspective of IRCC, a fingerprint request does make the application non-routine, which does not mean much. It only means that the IRCC information about processing times for routine applications does not apply. But the reality is that the IRCC processing times information means very little anyway, the actual processing time can be way less than what is posted online, or even for a routine application can go much longer.

Looks like you are close to receiving your notice to attend an oath ceremony: congratulations.

jay2014

Jan 25, 2016
dpenabill said:
To the extent you mean that a fingerprint request will not necessarily result in a lengthy delay, that is correct, and a very good point worth repeating. A fingerprint request in itself is no reason to be discouraged.

However, from the perspective of IRCC, a fingerprint request does make the application non-routine, which does not mean much. It only means that the IRCC information about processing times for routine applications does not apply. But the reality is that the IRCC processing times information means very little anyway, the actual processing time can be way less than what is posted online, or even for a routine application can go much longer.

Looks like you are close to receiving your notice to attend an oath ceremony: congratulations.
Thanks Dpenabill .. I have been reading your advice since when I had to apply for Permanent Residency as an Out-of-status inland applicant. Your advice has been helpful and resourceful. All da best in all your endeavors..

Cheers!!!

TYTBP

Feb 18, 2020
Hello,

Well, it's been four years since this reply but perhaps you can still help. What if they request prints for a 10 year old but they say RCMP won't give or take prints for someone so young. But the application for the whole family is denied?