+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Fingerprint request received in citizenship application processing.

Jun 8, 2011
hi Guys

Just received my appointment to appear for the test on feb 4th, so hope will c many in this forum receiving the test dates soon.

applied jan/23
AoR Mar/17
FingerPrints July/6
Test date Feb/4

Amir75

Jun 25, 2015
Ashiqullah said:
Just a heads up.

The reason the fingerprint takes longer, if you had your fingerprint taken before by RCMP for any reason such as (Court order, jail or arrest) . If your fingerprint match in the system then it will take around 120 days (4 months) before they send the final result to you or CIC.

Be patient and pray.
Hello Ashiq, Did you get any update from RCMP, I'm kinda in same boat. Did my FP on Oct5 and still in process.

Ashiqullah

Aug 12, 2015
It will take 4 months for RCMP to submit your finger print to CIC if your finger print match in the database otherwise.

I called CIC and they said they got my finger prints exactly after 4 months and i have to wait few more weeks before i get my oath letter.

Amir75 said:
Hello Ashiq, Did you get any update from RCMP, I'm kinda in same boat. Did my FP on Oct5 and still in process.

Exports

Star Member
Aug 10, 2015
I THINK YOU SHOULD DO THE FINGERPRINTS FROM THE PRIVATE AGENCY.. NO HARM IN DOING TWO TIMES IF YOU ARE NOT SURE?
https://www.commissionaires.ca/en/national/service/individual/fingerprinting
IT IS MY EXPERIENCE IT IS MUCH FASTER AND GOT THE SAME IN MY ATIP GAP OF MAX. 5 DAYS FROM FINGERPRINT SUBMITTED...
I HAD DONE ONCE WITH RCMP AND GOT SAME PROBLEM OF DELAY...THEY CALLED ME AFTER MORE THAN A MONTH AND ASKED TO REDO AS THE MACHINE DIDN'T CAPTURE THE FINGER PRINT. ON THE OTHER HAND I HAD EARLIER DONE IT WITH THE PRIVATE ONE AND IT WAS FASTER.

ALL THE BEST!

khana26

Star Member
Apr 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-11-2016
Doc's Request.
02-03-2017, Sent: 05-04-2017; 04-19-2017, Sent: 04-19-2017
AOR Received.
14-12-2016
Med's Done....
29-10-2016
I received fingerprint request on January 28, exactly 2 years after I had launched my citizenship application! My test was completed in November 2014 in Mississauga CIC and after that I was given an RQ. I responded to it and after about 14 months I received the fingerprint request from CIC St. Clair. Whatelse.. a few days ago I applied for my PR card renewal.
Do you want to hear an irony? My ECAS was updated to "Decision Made" in the first week of October 2015. I was so happy then with a hope that my wait time will be over shortly. Nay, still some more I suppose!
I wish everyone luck on their journey to become a Canadian citizen.

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
khana26 said:
I received fingerprint request on January 28, exactly 2 years after I had launched my citizenship application! My test was completed in November 2014 in Mississauga CIC and after that I was given an RQ. I responded to it and after about 14 months I received the fingerprint request from CIC St. Clair. Whatelse.. a few days ago I applied for my PR card renewal.
Do you want to hear an irony? My ECAS was updated to "Decision Made" in the first week of October 2015. I was so happy then with a hope that my wait time will be over shortly. Nay, still some more I suppose!
I wish everyone luck on their journey to become a Canadian citizen.
Be positive, may be its last hurdle and just a formality. Once you submit that, hopefully in few weeks you will get Oath. ;D

Wish you all the best.

Ashiqullah

Aug 12, 2015
Good Day,

I got my oath letter for end of Feb. It took me exactly 4 months (120 days) after i submitted my finger printer.

Good luck everyone and be patient you will get yours soon Inshallah.

Thanks
Ashiqullah :)

khana26

Star Member
Apr 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-11-2016
Doc's Request.
02-03-2017, Sent: 05-04-2017; 04-19-2017, Sent: 04-19-2017
AOR Received.
14-12-2016
Med's Done....
29-10-2016
Congratlutaions my friend, I wish you all the best in future.

betoherman

Star Member
Apr 10, 2015
Anyone else got a decision made today? I got it but no further explanations. Hopefully, everything is ok. after 3 months of submitting my fingerprints

Amir75

Jun 25, 2015
Hello everyone, Has anyone emailed RCMP about finger prints update and didn't hear back. I contacted them on Feb 8, 2016 by email, got an auto reply back that they will get back to me and I haven't heard anything back yet.

betoherman

Star Member
Apr 10, 2015
Amir75 said:
Hello everyone, Has anyone emailed RCMP about finger prints update and didn't hear back. I contacted them on Feb 8, 2016 by email, got an auto reply back that they will get back to me and I haven't heard anything back yet.
When i did mine in november last year. They replied to me with the auto replay. But after 10 min. Or so they send me the results. In a new email