+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Fingerprint request during citizenship progress

Matin_71

Aug 17, 2017
Hi guys,
I just want to know in brief how long do we have to wait for fingerprint progress?
Appl sent: Feb 2017
Appl rec : March
In process: April
Test Invt: May
Test done: May
FngerP req: May
FigerP rec by CIC :June 2017

And till now I did not hear anything from CIC.
Does it take so long for security check to be finalize because currently this is my file stage?
Any idea please?

Meldaour

Jul 7, 2017
Calgary
Hi guys,
I just want to know in brief how long do we have to wait for fingerprint progress?

Does it take so long for security check to be finalize because currently this is my file stage?
Any idea please?
Same here fo requested before the test in April. Test in June still IP... super annoying

There some people here with the same story... chill n wait we can do nothing but wait

Matin_71

Aug 17, 2017
Thanks a lot for reply, I am really confused because the officer has been mentioned in the interview that I will receive the cermony letter soon, as that was since june, and till now nothing shown yet.
I talked to CIC 2 days ago, they told me that fingerprint procedure can be classified into 4 parts, the first one is the fingerprint clearance (the RCMP copy), stage 2 is the criminality check, stage 3 (the one I am stucked in now) the security check, and the last one is the prohibition.

Since June my file stucked in stage 3 (and do not know when I will pass it)

Meldaour

Jul 7, 2017
Calgary
Thanks a lot for reply, I am really confused because the officer has been mentioned in the interview that I will receive the cermony letter soon, as that was since june, and till now nothing shown yet.
I talked to CIC 2 days ago, they told me that fingerprint procedure can be classified into 4 parts, the first one is the fingerprint clearance (the RCMP copy), stage 2 is the criminality check, stage 3 (the one I am stucked in now) the security check, and the last one is the prohibition.

I have the same story. The officer told me the same thing back on june 6. I am stuck in the security check too... in fact a lot of us are on this blog... we can do nothing but take a big chill pill, wait for CIC and stay positive.

mhshahin

May 27, 2011
Pakistan
Hi guys,

Any idea please?
Can you please update us here whenever CIC starts processing your file again or clear the FP issue?

Seshaque

Star Member
Feb 15, 2018
Have you received any update on fingerprint?