OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4-Jan-2016
File Transfer...
2-Aug-2016
Hello everybody,

I applied my Citizenship application in March 2018. In May of this year, My passport and PR card were stolen from me in Barcelona, Spain.

I had to spend 2 months outside of Canada to get new Passport and PRTD to get back to Canada.

I applied for my PR card when I came back in Canada in August 2018.

I just received Fingerprint Request from CIC this morning. They ask that we bring the PR Card and COPR to the fingerprinting location.

But I do not have my PR Card with me and not even COPR - As I had lost it many years ago while moving places.

All I now I have is a Police Report from Spain about the stolen incident.

What should I do in this case?

My PR card file is in progress - It shows up as Application Received on eCas. I applied for this PR Card in late August. When can I expect my PR Card to arrive?

Thanks!

JPBless

May 14, 2018
Hello everybody,

I applied my Citizenship application in March 2018. In May of this year, My passport and PR card were stolen from me in Barcelona, Spain.

I had to spend 2 months outside of Canada to get new Passport and PRTD to get back to Canada.

I applied for my PR card or when I came back in Canada in August 2018.

I just received Fingerprint Request from CIC this morning. They ask that we bring the PR Card and COPR to the fingerprinting location.

But I do not have my PR Card with me and not even COPR - As I had lost it many years ago while moving places.

All I now I have is a Police Report from Spain about the stolen incident.

What should I do in this case?

My PR card file is in progress - It shows up as Application Received on eCas. I applied for this PR Card in late August. When can I expect my PR Card to arrive?

Thanks!
You really don't need PR Card or COPR for fingerprint. All they care about (for) fingerprinting is that you have TWO government issued IDS that bear your name, photo and signature and that the IDS are current (not expired). So your passport and drivers licence should do. I did my fingerprint recently and although I used PR Card as one ID (passport as second ID) the agent said drivers licence was OK.

Last edited:

jsingh89

Sep 15, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4-Jan-2016
File Transfer...
2-Aug-2016
You really don't need PR Card or COPR for fingerprint. All they care about (for) fingerprinting is that you have TWO government issued IDS that bear your name, photo and signature and that the IDS are current (not expired). So your passport and drivers licence should do. I did my fingerprint recently and although I used PR Card as one ID (passport as second ID) the agent said drivers licence was OK.
Thank you! Going in for fingerprints today. Hope everything works out.