+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Fingerprint from outside Canada (Sweden)

mmansy

Oct 16, 2020
Hi guys,

I am living in Sweden and was asked to provide fingerprints for an RCMP records check as I was living in Canada previously.

The situation is as follows:
In Sweden police stations no longer provide fingerprinting services, and there are no visible certified fingerprinting agencies in Sweden.
Embassy and consulate, and also the high commission in London cannot help in any way or provide that service.
I have sent to IRCC via webform, since that is the only communication means I'm allowed, about two weeks ago with no reply.
I don't know if someone is in a similar situation and has found a good solution.

Thanks!

mmansy

Oct 16, 2020
is there any other commercial clinic provide that services in Europe? You may have a check.
I'm not sure what your mean by commercial clinics? If you mean medical clinics, then I doubt that they provide that service.
I can't also say for sure in Europe..
However, even if they do then they will probably not be considered by RCMP to be an accredited fingerprinting authority.
The ones considered legitimate are:
(1) Police stations or,
(2) Certified Fingerprinting agencies

mmansy

Oct 16, 2020
I mean this:
(2) Certified Fingerprinting agencies
That is the thing, I am not sure if that would be accepted by the fingerprinting companies in Canada. I would have to ask them if they do accept from a foreign country. No one seems to want to take full responsibility - transferring the risk of making this decision solely to me.
RCMP stated clearly from the local police authority and that adds a layer of having to explain/prove why I couldn't do it in Sweden. (possibly)
The reason I am writing in this forum is to see if there is someone else in my position and how they managed to solve it.
But again, I'm out of choices so thank you for your recommendation. I would start searching for fingerprinting companies in nearby countries to Sweden and see where it goes.