+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Fingerprint delayed and final Notice

honey66

Sep 29, 2023
Hi can I guide or help me with info : here is my story

I received the letter to get the fingerprints done for my citizenship application, so I approached the police but they directed me to third party, and I completed my fingerprinting with 2 weeks of letter date
IRCC letter states that fingerprints shall be done within 30days , but the fingerprinting agency told me these days RCMP is taking around 6-8 weeks , and they have submitted the fingerprints to RCMP right the moment , now its been 45 days since I have submitted my fingerprints

I was under the impression as I have completed my actions and IRCC can see that my fingerprints are with RCMP as they are taking longer time these days, but that wasn't the case , to my surprise IRCC submitted me final notice to complete the fingerprints, which I already did with 12days of receiving letter

here is the time line;

letter date to do fingerprint = 2nd AUG 2023
Fingerprinting Done @ third party agency within Canada = 14 Aug 2023
Final Notice recived = 26 September 2023

Now can someone guide me what shall I do , how should I inform IRCC that I already completed my part
do I need to submit webform or what shall I do ?

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019

I received the letter to get the fingerprints done for my citizenship application, so I approached the police but they directed me to third party, and I completed my fingerprinting with 2 weeks of letter date
IRCC letter states that fingerprints shall be done within 30days , but the fingerprinting agency told me these days RCMP is taking around 6-8 weeks , and they have submitted the fingerprints to RCMP right the moment , now its been 45 days since I have submitted my fingerprints

I was under the impression as I have completed my actions and IRCC can see that my fingerprints are with RCMP as they are taking longer time these days, but that wasn't the case , to my surprise IRCC submitted me final notice to complete the fingerprints, which I already did with 12days of receiving letter

here is the time line;

Now can someone guide me what shall I do , how should I inform IRCC that I already completed my part
You can ask the fingerprinting agency to resubmit your FP. For some reason ircc hasn't received it. You can call n check with IRCC too.

Last edited:

SunshineJA

May 19, 2019
Jamaica
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Kingston,JA
App. Filed.......
06-06-2019
AOR Received.
16-08-2019
File Transfer...
04-09-2019
Med's Request
19-08-2019
Med's Done....
28-08-2019
Interview........
06-02-2020
Passport Req..
29-01-2020
VISA ISSUED...
06-02-2020
LANDED..........
21-02-2020

here is the time line;

To be honest, to not delay my application, I would just go and redo it n repay $65 at another credible place. Instead of having delay

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019

here is the time line;

IRCC won't be able to see that the prints have been submitted to the RCMP. Submit a web form explaining the situation, when you did them, then when the 3rd party submitted them to the RCMP.

Does the RCMP submit it to IRCC or are you supposed to get the results and submit it yourself? Check with the 3rd party to make sure it was sent to the RCMP, ask for proof it was submitted. Call the RCMP and inquire about it. Do those 2 things ASAP then send the web form also ASAP with what you have found from your inquiries. Include the receipt from the 3rd party with your web form to show it has been done.

If all that has been done all you can do is wait. No point doing it again if you can get proof it was submitted to the RCMP and even better if you can get confirmation that the RCMP has them and are processing the request.

And just confirm it was specifically stated you needed it submitted to the RCMP not just the local police force?

Edited to add. Were you asked to get a police clearance or just submit finger prints. If only asked to get the prints done then what does the RCMP have to do with it?

Last edited:
Reactions: honey66

honey66

Sep 29, 2023
IRCC won't be able to see that the prints have been submitted to the RCMP. Submit a web form explaining the situation, when you did them, then when the 3rd party submitted them to the RCMP.

Does the RCMP submit it to IRCC or are you supposed to get the results and submit it yourself? Check with the 3rd party to make sure it was sent to the RCMP, ask for proof it was submitted. Call the RCMP and inquire about it. Do those 2 things ASAP then send the web form also ASAP with what you have found from your inquiries. Include the receipt from the 3rd party with your web form to show it has been done.

If all that has been done all you can do is wait. No point doing it again if you can get proof it was submitted to the RCMP and even better if you can get confirmation that the RCMP has them and are processing the request.

And just confirm it was specifically stated you needed it submitted to the RCMP not just the local police force?

Edited to add. Were you asked to get a police clearance or just submit finger prints. If only asked to get the prints done then what does the RCMP have to do with it?
Thanks for your detailed response , the letter I received from IRCC stated that my finger prints are old I need to redo my fingerprints
after calling local police they directed to 3rd party agency, agency has given me paper proof that its been completed and told me the process is they will send it to RCMP and RCMP will submit it to IRCC , and the attendant who took my prints upon question they told me now a days due to increase load RCMP is taking 4-8 weeks.

however I am going to revalidate tomorrow morning with agency and RCMP(if they can be of any help) and going to inform IRCC thru webform before IRCC will drop my citizenship application

Jaywalker

May 8, 2018
I had the same issue. June 26 I got fingerprints done at RCMP accredited agency. RCMP sent it on June 30 to IRCC. . IRCC never got it. I wasted 1.5 months navigating this through webform/emails/calls with IRCC/RCMP. In the end I decided to send it again. It worked and my background got completed within 2 weeks of sending the fingerprints second time.

Last edited:
Reactions: honey66

Salman17

Jan 22, 2015
Hey guys i got requested for Finger Prints on the 24th OCT which was updated in the tracker on the 26th but i still have not received an email for the instructions on how to go about it. What should i do other than wait for the email? Should just book a FP appointment and hope that the email comes soon? Or is this just normal?

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
Hey guys i got requested for Finger Prints on the 24th OCT which was updated in the tracker on the 26th but i still have not received an email for the instructions on how to go about it. What should i do other than wait for the email? Should just book a FP appointment and hope that the email comes soon? Or is this just normal?
It's not surprising you haven't got the letter yet, it can take a bit of time for what you see on the tracker to get the letter. I suggest if you haven't received the letter by Monday try to call and get them to resend the letter.

I am in the same position, request on the 24th but no email yet, let me know if you get the letter or are able to contact them by phone. I will do the same.

Last edited:

adbcca

Feb 21, 2019
Thanks for your detailed response , the letter I received from IRCC stated that my finger prints are old I need to redo my fingerprints
after calling local police they directed to 3rd party agency, agency has given me paper proof that its been completed and told me the process is they will send it to RCMP and RCMP will submit it to IRCC , and the attendant who took my prints upon question they told me now a days due to increase load RCMP is taking 4-8 weeks.

however I am going to revalidate tomorrow morning with agency and RCMP(if they can be of any help) and going to inform IRCC thru webform before IRCC will drop my citizenship application
They stated that your FP are old! Have you done fingerprints for a citizenship application before this one?

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
Got the letter this afternoon, for some reason it went to the Applicant not to the representative, check all the email addresses you have associated with your app.