+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Finger print request and what happened............

KRP

Jan 13, 2012
Category........
FSW
LANDED..........
01/02/2011
My file was In process since March 16. Yesterday I got finger print letter for myself and wife . I went to Commissionaires office.
I took the letter and supporting ID and reached half an hour before the office closes.
The person who filled the data in computer was busy talking to someone on the phone and simultaneously typing the data.
He boasted he could multi task.
After completing it he told me to come across his table and check the details he punched
I told him all looks fine. Next he took my photo and then took the finger print and charged around $ 90 for both of us.
He gave a copy of the data he punched and receipt for the credit card transaction. I left the place and came home.
After reaching home I just felt like cross checking. Here I found that my UCI number which was correctly punched by him is different.
This rogue after I checked and turned around I feel knowingly changed the UCI number in mine as well as wife forms and submitted to RCMP. I immediately called his number but he had left the office.
Today morning I and wife went to his office and informed him how come my UCI number is wrongly entered wherein when I checked it was right . My UCI if it is 1234- 5678 he has made it 2134- 5678. He turned around the first 2 digits before submitting. Also on the RCMP form there was a column for other names used . He did not ask us this details . My wife maiden name need to be entered here. Good I checked it at home. He says he has no clue how it happened.
Now he tells me since it is already send , he cannot edit but will have to send once more and charge both of us $ 25 each as RCMP fees. I did not go fo an argument and paid and stood before the computer desk and checked the data twice before he clicked sumbit.
I will inform IRCC thru the webform since if I had not found out this mistake my file could land in a big mess as IRCC in the letter itself states that the reference UCI should be clearly mentioned.
My request to all getting Finger print is to double check all data carefully as these private agencies are crooks

KRP

Jan 13, 2012
Category........
FSW
LANDED..........
01/02/2011
Things to keep in mind if anyone gets a FP request and is planning to visit a RCMP accredited facility.
After the agent fills in all details check for the following:
1. Whether your UCI number is correctly entered.
2. Citizenship application Number is correct.
3. Last name and Given name matches.
4. For those who have declared maiden names on citizenship forms whether this is put on the form
5. The Cic office requesting the FP is correctly entered.
6. Your current address, date of birth and telephone number is entered correctly.
Also before leaving the office check once again on the acknowledgement they give whether everything is in order .