+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Finding Work while on Tourist Visa

Keweenoy

Oct 12, 2012
Hi guys,

Please enlighten me.
Is it against the law for someone to search for work in Canada while on a Tourist Visa and why?
Note that searching for work is different from actually working. I believe that working while on a tourist visa is illegal.
Searching for the purpose of getting a job offer.

Thank you

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Keweenoy said:
Hi guys,

Please enlighten me.
Is it against the law for someone to search for work in Canada while on a Tourist Visa and why?
Note that searching for work is different from actually working. I believe that working while on a tourist visa is illegal.
Searching for the purpose of getting a job offer.

Thank you
No, it isn't. You can search, but you can't work until you receive a work permit.

Keweenoy

Oct 12, 2012
Hello PMM,

Thank you for the reply and enlightenment. So I can search and search until someone
has given me a job offer and then sponsor me for a work permit. What do you think is the chances
as compared to just applying online jobs?

Thank you

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Keweenoy said:
Hello PMM,

Thank you for the reply and enlightenment. So I can search and search until someone
has given me a job offer and then sponsor me for a work permit. What do you think is the chances
as compared to just applying online jobs?

Thank you
Better than applying on line, but unless you have a skill that the employer really wants, and is unable to get locally, only then will the employer go through the LMO process and wait for you to obtain a work permit.

Oct 21, 2012
Hi, I am new to this site.....i have a canadian boyfriend of 7 months and he will be visiting me next January 2013,, my question is how long will it take for a visit visa processing? Can we get married in the Philippines ? I am separated from my ex husband for 27 years now without any communication at all ever since he left me... is my marriage still valid??

Need your advice...

amikety

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
2-2-2013
Med's Done....
12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
violet princess said:
Hi, I am new to this site.....i have a canadian boyfriend of 7 months and he will be visiting me next January 2013,, my question is how long will it take for a visit visa processing? Can we get married in the Philippines ? I am separated from my ex husband for 27 years now without any communication at all ever since he left me... is my marriage still valid??

Need your advice...
I answered your question in the topic you made for it.

Please be patient when it comes to a reply. We all have lives and can't be on the forum to post everyday.

sheralyn

Oct 29, 2012
hi there... yes you can apply for work while on visit visa... makes sure to tell the employer that you'll be needing a Labour Market Opinion ( LMO) to apply for work permit and legally authorize to work .. see cic.gc.ca for more information ...