+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Finding part time job hard!

hell911

Champion Member
Apr 10, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
finding part time job in the middle of summer is hard, every position is taken already. :( :(

toronto.

to those who have been here for more than 1 year, pls tell the season of finding part time jobs, when are positions mostly available?

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
hell911 said:
finding part time job in the middle of summer is hard, every position is taken already. :( :(

toronto.

to those who have been here for more than 1 year, pls tell the season of finding part time jobs, when are positions mostly available?
it shouldnt be too difficult just visit all the restaurants , grocery store, fast food places etc in ur area. then visit them again next week. i am guessing ur a guy and dont have a problem with manual labor. there may be some factories etc in ur area to visit them.....

sharjeel91

Champion Member
Oct 2, 2013
App. Filed.......
09/09/2013
hell911 said:

toronto.

also apply online most of the restaurants ask to apply online,,,, because u have to fill questionnaire so they can know about u ....

hell911

Champion Member
Apr 10, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i actually went to stores to hand out resumes and filled in paper applications. also applied on the same stores and other stores online, its been like 2 weeks, only 2 calls which was just screening questions like why do you want to work in our company, etc.

i also applied for factory job, but it is on-call job, 12 hour shift, not everyday job. haven't started yet, so can't share any experience. :(

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
hell911 said:
i actually went to stores to hand out resumes and filled in paper applications. also applied on the same stores and other stores online, its been like 2 weeks, only 2 calls which was just screening questions like why do you want to work in our company, etc.

i also applied for factory job, but it is on-call job, 12 hour shift, not everyday job. haven't started yet, so can't share any experience. :(
go back to the stores where u filled out applications tell them u have already filled applications and just following up.

hell911

Champion Member
Apr 10, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mead said:
go back to the stores where u filled out applications tell them u have already filled applications and just following up.
will do that.

sharjeel91

Champion Member
Oct 2, 2013
App. Filed.......
09/09/2013
hell911 said:

wow only 2 weeks,,, that nothing dude,, it took me 6 weeks to get a job,,,

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
sharjeel91 said:
wow only 2 weeks,,, that nothing dude,, it took me 6 weeks to get a job,,,
yes very right it takes 1-2months on an avg to find a part time job if u dont have contacts

Ryan1981

Jul 27, 2014
Hi, please check this website http://www.jobpostings.ca/student-jobs/part-time and see if works. and post your cv in many other part time job sites for students.

sometimes, in toronto it takes time, but carry on, visit as many places as you can and drop your CV or ask politely if they are looking for anyone to hire.

all the best!

hell911

Champion Member
Apr 10, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i just noticed, employers usually want Full time employees instead of part time, just a general question, what if you lied to them that you dont go to school anymore and can work full time? and during the month of september, leave the company. :eek:

sidhu_anwar

Jun 27, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hell911 said:
i just noticed, employers usually want Full time employees instead of part time, just a general question, what if you lied to them that you dont go to school anymore and can work full time? and during the month of september, leave the company. :eek:
You can't work before your classes begin. But if you lie to your employer then sometimes another employer like to cross check your character etc from past employers..... he'll surely won't be that satisfied with your ethics.

sharjeel91

Champion Member
Oct 2, 2013
App. Filed.......
09/09/2013
sidhu_anwar said:
You can't work before your classes begin. But if you lie to your employer then sometimes another employer like to cross check your character etc from past employers..... he'll surely won't be that satisfied with your ethics.
great advise,,, if u have noticed whenever u apply they ask for the contact of ur previous employee that is why u better not lie,,, I advise u to wait a bit because september is coming they will surely hire people at the start of fall I think u will find a job...

SSHanna

Star Member
Jul 25, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
6.5 Band
Med's Request
Not required
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
Already submitted along with the file
VISA ISSUED...
in July 2013
LANDED..........
January 2014
Easiest way to find a part-time job is to have contacts!

For me, I came here last January and I kept looking for an on-campus job for almost 6 months! I didn't have any contacts and this time and I NEVER got hired so I just decided to volunteer on and off campus instead. When I volunteered, I made a lot of friends. Once I got my SIN, a friend got me a part-time job at a restaurant.

It was the easiest job to get! I didn't even give a resume or fill an application.

Make some contacts!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
hell911 said:
Good references are important for getting future jobs. If you lie to an employer, you'll end up with bad references and this will make it more difficult to get future jobs.