+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Finding correct NOC for Resident Assistant/Graduate Resident

musclequeen

Jul 9, 2020
Hi everyone,

I am student at a university in the United States. I have been working in the residential life department of the university for over 2 years as a graduate resident (20 hours/week). These are some of the key roles of my job description:

Key Components of the GR Role Community and Leadership Development
Actively contribute to the development and nurturing of interpersonal relationships between residents within the residential community.
• Attend and support community activities and serve as an event planning resource for student leaders (HCs, RAs, etc.).
• Assist the Residence Coordinator (RC) in the overall management of their assigned community.
• Actively contributes to creating a community atmosphere that promotes a balance between academic endeavors and responsible community living.
• Serve as a liaison to campus partners, including faculty-in-residence (where applicable).
• Communicate with supervisors, peers, and staff effectively, including giving and receiving appropriate and timely feedback.
• Understand and demonstrate an awareness of group dynamics and assist in promoting a positive team environment for RAs and HC members

Policy Enforcement, Conflict Resolution, and Crisis Management
• Educate residents on Housing and Residence Life policies and expectations for safe and secure campus living, and role-models those same behaviors for students by following those same policies.
• Support the RA staff in their on-call responsibilities, including developing and maintaining the RA on-call rotation schedule, advising RAs in addressing issues within their communities
• Assist residents in the resolving conflict with others through providing guidance on how to resolve conflicts peacefully and respectfully, serving as a mediator to assist them in arriving to positive resolution, and referring conflicts to appropriate staff members, as needed.
• Initiate and follow appropriate institutional crises intervention responses and processes in a timely manner.
• Appropriately maintain confidential and private information.

Which NOC would this be applicable under? Would I be able to claim this under NOC 0632 Accomodation service managers?

This is link with the titles that can be claimed under there : https://www23.statcan.gc.ca/imdb/p3VD.pl?Function=getAllExample&TVD=122372&CVD=122376&CPV=0632&CST=01012011&CLV=4&MLV=4&V=81339&VST=01012011

It lists student residence manager as one possibility.

Thanks!

primaprime

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2019
Job title isn't important. You need to match the job duties.

Accommodation service managers perform some or all of the following duties:
  • Develop, implement and evaluate policies and procedures for the operation of the department or establishment
  • Prepare budgets and monitor revenues and expenses
  • Participate in the development of pricing and promotional strategies
  • Negotiate with suppliers for the provision of materials and supplies
  • Negotiate with clients for the use of facilities for conventions, banquets, receptions and other functions
  • Recruit and supervise staff, oversee training and set work schedules
  • Resolve customer complaints

ibaguign

Nov 22, 2020
Hi everyone,

I am student at a university in the United States. I have been working in the residential life department of the university for over 2 years as a graduate resident (20 hours/week). These are some of the key roles of my job description:

Actively contribute to the development and nurturing of interpersonal relationships between residents within the residential community.
• Attend and support community activities and serve as an event planning resource for student leaders (HCs, RAs, etc.).
• Assist the Residence Coordinator (RC) in the overall management of their assigned community.
• Actively contributes to creating a community atmosphere that promotes a balance between academic endeavors and responsible community living.
• Serve as a liaison to campus partners, including faculty-in-residence (where applicable).
• Communicate with supervisors, peers, and staff effectively, including giving and receiving appropriate and timely feedback.
• Understand and demonstrate an awareness of group dynamics and assist in promoting a positive team environment for RAs and HC members

• Educate residents on Housing and Residence Life policies and expectations for safe and secure campus living, and role-models those same behaviors for students by following those same policies.
• Support the RA staff in their on-call responsibilities, including developing and maintaining the RA on-call rotation schedule, advising RAs in addressing issues within their communities
• Assist residents in the resolving conflict with others through providing guidance on how to resolve conflicts peacefully and respectfully, serving as a mediator to assist them in arriving to positive resolution, and referring conflicts to appropriate staff members, as needed.
• Initiate and follow appropriate institutional crises intervention responses and processes in a timely manner.

Which NOC would this be applicable under? Would I be able to claim this under NOC 0632 Accomodation service managers?

This is link with the titles that can be claimed under there : https://www23.statcan.gc.ca/imdb/p3VD.pl?Function=getAllExample&TVD=122372&CVD=122376&CPV=0632&CST=01012011&CLV=4&MLV=4&V=81339&VST=01012011

Thanks!
I am in the same situation, did it work for you??

mary123456

Feb 5, 2021
Hi everyone,

Thanks!
I am in the same situation. Did this NOC work in your case?