+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Finding a job in EE

Nonnu

Jun 11, 2015
Hii Everyone ! M new to the forum. I will be starting my EE file in August and my points came to be around 360 points.But I realised they are far less and came to know about Jo bank as it provides additional 600 points. Can you please help me as how I can find a job for me at my earliest after I will start my file. Is it possible for the agents to search a Job for the applicants. Your help will be appreciated ! Thankx :)

YamPower

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-04-2015
Med's Done....
14-04-2015
Passport Req..
09-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
23-09-2015
LANDED..........
13-11-2015
Simply finding a job will not get you 600 points (plus it's extremely hard to get a job when you're outside Canada.)

The 600 points comes from getting a job offer with a LMIA (Labor Market Impact Assessment). Unless you have a special skill that can't be found in Canada, it will be very hard for you to get this. I believe that last year fewer than 2,000 LMIA were issued.

LMIA are employer-driven. So the employer has to tell the Canadian government that they've tried to get a Canadian Citizen or PR to do the job but they couldn't so they had to hire a foreigner. Therefore, an agent/consultant can't really help you to get LMIA.

Nonnu

Jun 11, 2015
Thankyou YamPower for replying.
Shall I apply for PNP ( Provincial Nomination Program ) for Canadian state, will that help me to gain some points. Any idea how does PNP works. To how many states I can apply at one time. Your help will be appreciated.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nonnu said:
Thankyou YamPower for replying.
Shall I apply for PNP ( Provincial Nomination Program ) for Canadian state, will that help me to gain some points. Any idea how does PNP works. To how many states I can apply at one time. Your help will be appreciated.
You can apply to as many provinces as you wish. Read about their programs on the provincial websites and forum threads.

All the best!

sanjj

Nov 13, 2014
I have 7+ years of experience which falls under NOC 2173. My Profile is there in EE with 376 points. I am trying for work permit (or LMIA) through job portals. My question is which is better option:- Work Permit or LMIA
a) Get work permit and go to Canada. Then after how many months I can claim 600 points? What if I get ITA within 1-2 months while I am on work permit in Canada?

b) Accept LMIA and update EE for additional 600 points and let the process of PR continue in the due course. The only problem I see in this option is that employer may not wait for me for 6 months as after ITA it takes min 6 months.

Anyone faced similar situation? any suggestions?

VJ2015

Mar 13, 2015
sanjj,

Only unused LMIA can help in EE. Once its used for your work permit then you cannot use it again.

sanjj

Nov 13, 2014
VJ2015...If I get LMIA should I encash it in getting additional 600 CRS points and wait for ITA and further process.

Second option is once I get LMIA I also get Work Permit and go to Canada on Work Permit. My question is if I go to Canada on Work Permit then will I have to wait for some months before I can claim 600 CRS points?

If I go to Canada on Work Permit can I claim 600 CRS points immediately? Point to be noted here is I already have 7-8 international experience.

VJ2015

Mar 13, 2015
You have only one option

If you get LMIA en cash it in getting additional 600 CRS points, wait for ITA and further process.

OR

Use it to apply Work permit. Later you can apply PR with another LMIA.

Note : LMIA is one time use only. And this rule is common for all.