+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Finding a job in Canada

reginabo

May 22, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi to everyone. I am from Greece. I would like to find a job in Canada, I have been sending resumes and cover letters for the last three months but I can see nothing in the horizon coming. I have searched about the necessary procedures either from my side or a possible employer's side and I have come to realize that it's almost an impossible thing for someone to find a job offer in Canada, even if he/she is qualified. Is it true or must I try more?

newtone

Champion Member
Nov 10, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Its true that its next to impossible to find a job they way you are searching but its not impossible, keep trying :)

mani_sps

Feb 3, 2011
Papua New Guinea
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
LANDED..........
From your msg, I assume that you are outside Canada but you have Canada PR. If this is correct, I would say it is a very very thin possibility that someone gets a job while they are still outside Canada. You should be able to find out this fact yourself, if you google a lot about job opportunities in Canada and employability for new immigrants in Canada. (About me; I have Canada PR; will be landing in Canada shortly)

reginabo

May 22, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No, I don't have Canada PR. I am Greek, I live in Greece. You say my method is next to impossible. Can you give me some advice of what to do so as to have more chances of getting a work offer?
Would it be better if I found a sponsor and not a job offer?

newtone

Champion Member
Nov 10, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
As you said you are in Greece and you are a citizen of Greece, as you can see from this forum highly skilled and educated people how have passed the Canadian points system to immigrate here are finding it very tough to get a job. Now these people are physically here, there are couple of options if you just want to apply for a work permit to work in Canada then you need to find a sponsor the sponsoring company would have to complete a Market survey in order to determine there is no Canadian available to do the job and only then they can sponsor you. The other option is you can immigrate to Canada through the points system and then come here and look for a job, please keep in mind it would take anywhere from 2 to 4 years to immigrate here.

reginabo

May 22, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sorry for the many questions, but what exactly is the point system? How could I be accepted through the point system without any job offer? I am educated and high skilled too. I have a Masters degree, I am getting prepared for a Phd, I speak four languages and I have many years of experience in my field.

newtone

Champion Member
Nov 10, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
This link would be a good place to start:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/index.asp

reginabo

May 22, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you for your help. I have checked all this again, I have also contacted with the Cohen bureau. He told me that my points are very high but I need a job offer. What I have not clearly understood though, it's the sponsor system.

newtone

Champion Member
Nov 10, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No its the immigration system, you are coming here to immigrate/live/settle in canada. So you dont have to be sponsored. If you have enough points you can immigrate here as a Permanant Resident

reginabo

May 22, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
They can't accept me if I don't have a job. How am I supposed to live? I think that's what they are thinking

clubcanada

Sep 7, 2010
No its the immigration system, you are coming here to immigrate/live/settle in canada. So you dont have to be sponsored. If you have enough points you can immigrate here as a Permanant Resident
no you can't unless you fall into one of the jobs listed on the occupation list or you have a job offer.
as someone stated you should go to the CIC website and read it very thoroughly. everything is explained in detail...