New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
09-06-2011
ankit_20 said:
Congrats Thomas78 on your new job

I totally agree with your observations regarding market conditions and importance of references
hi ankit.. thanks for the wishes.. do you remember me? i was there in the "New Delhi passport tracking thread" ....

thomas

D

DenverCO

Dear Friends,

Thanks for the valuable information in this thread. I am currently here on a WP (internal company transfer, no LMO). I am looking for a change. I was in USA for a longtime and realized the work permit system does not work the same way in Canada (can't transfer my WP to another company similar to US H1B and start working with them).

Just wanted to understand from knowledgeable forum members - how is the job market in Canada for a person like me (whose PR is still in process, but in Canada on a WP). Will the companies be willing to do the LMO and WP (I am having almost 7 years of experience in USA with some niche skills). I know I am asking without testing waters myself, wanted to get some guidance so that I do a successful job change. Please share your thoughts and suggestions. Thanks in advance.

ramta

Mar 9, 2010
Hi Bluboy & Thomas78,

My PR application is about to get finialized and I am planning to land in Toronto. I am a Senior Web Developer in UK with 6 years experience in ASP.NET and C#. Can you please advise me on:

Where to live in Toronto so that there are more chances to get a developer job?
Toronto is quite big and I do not know where to rent a place.
Can you please recommend which area would be good for job hunting and living?

Regards,
Ramta

Redd

Mar 27, 2011
quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris/Nairobi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Hello Blue boy,
Thanks for sharing!....very informative and i`m sure will help a lot.
Well done keep it up!

thomas78

Star Member
May 31, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
09-06-2011
ramta said:
Hi Bluboy & Thomas78,

My PR application is about to get finialized and I am planning to land in Toronto. I am a Senior Web Developer in UK with 6 years experience in ASP.NET and C#. Can you please advise me on:

Where to live in Toronto so that there are more chances to get a developer job?
Toronto is quite big and I do not know where to rent a place.
Can you please recommend which area would be good for job hunting and living?

Regards,
Ramta
hi ramta,
if u have any friends or relatives try to accommodate there until u find a job. that is my personal advise. Now if you dont have any one, try to get bachelor rooms near to mississauga and etobicoke border. Most ITcompanies are there in Mississauga and most consultants are there in toronto. Check for any GO stations near by to travel to long distances like markham, richmondhill, burlington..

thomas

ankit_20

VIP Member
Dec 7, 2009
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thomas78 said:
hi ankit.. thanks for the wishes.. do you remember me? i was there in the "New Delhi passport tracking thread" ....

thomas
I sure do my friend

Where are u in Toronto. PM me your no.