+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Find Accomodation in Montreal

rafe_lovely

Star Member
Jul 18, 2013
  1. Please can any come tell me website to find accomodation in Montreal.
  2. which areas are SAFE with reasonable RENT for family? Please suggest area near to train station.
  3. what is process of lease agreement in Montreal?
appreciate help in this matter please.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
  1. Please can any come tell me website to find accomodation in Montreal.
  2. which areas are SAFE with reasonable RENT for family? Please suggest area near to train station.
  3. what is process of lease agreement in Montreal?
appreciate help in this matter please.
You really need to be more specific. What do think a reasonable rate? What size apartment or home? Do you have a job or is there a high likelihood that you will work in a certain area of the city?

rafe_lovely

Star Member
Jul 18, 2013
You really need to be more specific. What do think a reasonable rate? What size apartment or home? Do you have a job or is there a high likelihood that you will work in a certain area of the city?
Reasonable rate - 800~1200 CAD per month. (Is this amount is OK for one bedroom apartment in Montreal Or I need to increase my budget?

One bed room apartment in secure building.

I will search job in Montreal , i have sufficient saving , so my plan is until i didn't find job , i will use money from my saving.

So need advice about finding accomodation in Montreal.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Reasonable rate - 800~1200 CAD per month. (Is this amount is OK for one bedroom apartment in Montreal Or I need to increase my budget?

One bed room apartment in secure building.

I will search job in Montreal , i have sufficient saving , so my plan is until i didn't find job , i will use money from my saving.

So need advice about finding accomodation in Montreal.
How many people will be sharing the apartment? If you have children most landlords prefer renting to a single person or couple. $800 seems low. Due to the large influx of refugees who have arrived to Montreal the lower cost apartments are harder to find.

rafe_lovely

Star Member
Jul 18, 2013
How many people will be sharing the apartment? If you have children most landlords prefer renting to a single person or couple. $800 seems low. Due to the large influx of refugees who have arrived to Montreal the lower cost apartments are harder to find.
Two Adult and One child , I think you can give advice , rather then asking so many questions. I have explain to you earlier.

like you mentioned 800-AUD is low, then how much budget is sufficient ? which areas are good and near to train station. give some advice.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Two Adult and One child , I think you can give advice , rather then asking so many questions. I have explain to you earlier.

like you mentioned 800-AUD is low, then how much budget is sufficient ? which areas are good and near to train station. give some advice.
I haven’t lived in Montreal for a while so can not advise. Questions are important. You can’t just say tell me where to live in Montreal with no extra information. In general Canada is safe but very spread out and traffic can be brutal in Montreal so it is best to live somewhere closer to where you work. You could pay 1k to 10k for accommodations and affordability is relative. There is a lot of information on the internet about various neighbourhoods so you should do your own research.

rafe_lovely

Star Member
Jul 18, 2013
I haven’t lived in Montreal for a while so can not advise. Questions are important. You can’t just say tell me where to live in Montreal with no extra information. In general Canada is safe but very spread out and traffic can be brutal in Montreal so it is best to live somewhere closer to where you work. You could pay 1k to 10k for accommodations and affordability is relative. There is a lot of information on the internet about various neighbourhoods so you should do your own research.

i did my research and which things was not cleared to me, i posted here at forum to get expert opinion , Still you didn't answer my single question. i dont know what is your motive to make simple things complicated.

mahi2020

Oct 7, 2016
i did my research and which things was not cleared to me, i posted here at forum to get expert opinion , Still you didn't answer my single question. i dont know what is your motive to make simple things complicated.
All forum "experts" are like this.

look at the number of answers from these experts.

More the number more useless their answers.

Kumuluswolken

Feb 14, 2019
I recently moved from Toronto to Montreal so I'm just through what you have in front of you.
I think with 1000$ you should be okay to find a nice 1 bedroom. I'm paying 1500$ for a 2 bedroom in a new condo. But you should be aware that there are fewer openings in apartments, especially around this time of year and the market is moving slow. The way I did it was getting an Airbnb for a month and during that time look for apartments.
The websites I found best to use with the most offers were realtor.ca and kijiji.ca.

Since living here for about 2 months and having walked around the city a fair bit the only areas where I saw some shady folks were around Gay Village and Hochelaga, but so far I never experienced any bad things. Just when you're easily spooked I guess you should avoid these areas.

The process of the lease agreement can be different from landlord to landlord. I needed to give a credit report and proof of work and then had to get a tenant insurance as per condo rules. But depending on the landlord that can vary, some also do a criminal background check or want references of previous landlords.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Just be aware that many landlords will be reluctant to rent to families with children especially if they have a single person or couple who are also applying. The fact that you want to rent a 1 bedroom with a child could also be an issue unless your child is a newborn. Canadian children tend to have their own bedroom and it often a noise concern for landlords. Agree that due to the influx of new workers and refugees the rental market is pretty tight in Montreal especially at the lower end. Renting an Airbnb is probably the best option until you have secured an apartment. Many landlords want to see that you are employed or that you have enough savings to pay the rent for 6 months to a year if you don’t have a job.