+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

financial support letter from parents for sponsorship a spouse

m_gul

Star Member
Aug 17, 2016
Hi
I am a Canadian citizen and sponsoring my outland husband. i am currently a student living with my mother. some one told me that my mother have to write a letter to CIC to financial support to me and my husband after his immigration up to he find a job. Can any one has letters or format of letters. and also share me aunt and uncle are also happy on our marriage letters to CIC.

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
Your mother does not have to write such a letter, but it may help your case.
If she is willing to support you and your husband when he comes to Canada as a PR, she should write a letter stating that. She can explain that she knows about the marriage and approves of it, and that she will be letting the two of you stay at her house rent-free for .... (or whatever help she is willing to provide).
There is no specific format for such a letter. She just has to explain the support she will be giving you. She can include proof as well, such as proof of her income, proof that she owns the home, whatever might help.

Your aunt and uncle can also write letters of support. In their case, they would write about how they are related to you, if they have met your husband or talked to him on the phone (or whatever contact they have had with him), and that they believe that your relationship is genuine because ....