+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Financial support for my brother

alissone007

Oct 26, 2015
Hello Guys,

I am a canadian citizen and my little brother was accepted for a DEC program in Montreal, CAQ is already approved also. We are starting to apply for the study permit at the canadian visa in Abidjan.

My question is for the financial support, he will be residing with me since I am alone and I would be helping him with personal expenses per month and dad going to pay for the scholar fees and other little expenses. In summary we are going to help him both.

For the visa financial support, what is the best approach for it? write an affidavit telling that he will ve living with me and will help him with personal expenses? Dad write another one mentioning the scholar fees will be paid by him?

I have a good job with a good salary and he will be living with me at my condo. I will join my T4 and payslip bank account for the last 6 month is that enough or I should consider something else? Dad is not using a lot his bank account everything is done there by cash and he will be giving him a cheque for the 22k as required by the embassy

Any help is appreciate in order to complete a good folder before submitting it.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
If you are covering his living expenses, then your bank account should have a minimum balance of $10K.

alissone007

Oct 26, 2015
can I do him a certified cheque of 22k from here and send him that to present it to the visa office so I can be his only sponsor and not including dad? Or i put around 10k in a saving account from here and present it as a residential sponsor and dad for the study?

bijarkhan

Jun 16, 2019
can I do him a certified cheque of 22k from here and send him that to present it to the visa office so I can be his only sponsor and not including dad? Or i put around 10k in a saving account from here and present it as a residential sponsor and dad for the study?
Hi,

I wonder what the result of your case became. I am in a similar situation, my brother is my financial sponsor for a canadian study permit. Both of us reside in Pakistan and have jobs here. I will be attaching his bank statements as proof of fund, the bank has funds to cover a year in expenses. Two questions:
  1. a friend told me that my brother being my financial sponsor makes my case less strong?
  2. one of the bank accounts is a joint bank account that we have, is that a red flag for the embassy?