Financial Statment for International Student

snake

Feb 10, 2011
Dhaka, Bangladesh
Visa Office......
Canadian Embassy -Dhaka
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@ug83: Don't cash the fix deposit, coz then you have to wait 4 months to launch your visa (put money in bank in savings account and wait for 4 months).

@gm2011, a.k.a sausage man: I think we need to complain about you to the moderator, you just confuse people and give them hard time.

lonesoul

Star Member
Apr 24, 2011
Karachi Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC-Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-5-2011
IELTS Request
7.0 Bands
Med's Request
06-7-2011
Med's Done....
11-7-2011
Passport Req..
18-7-2011
VISA ISSUED...
27-7-2011 got on 4-8-2011
I wouldn't recommend you to cash the funds.If you do that and transfer it to your bank account then you'll have to maintain that balance for 4 months.This means that you'll need to wait for 4 months before applying for student visa.
Just get the saving certificates to joint account between your father/mother and you.

gm2011

Apr 10, 2011
Re: student visa rejected,will apply again,,,good idea?

Tell me something snake boy will the applicant require money when he is in canada? Answer yes. So his parents will have to cash the fixed certificates any way. So either way they will be cashed! He should make his case strong from the outset have the cash exclusively in his name in his account that way the vo cannot object to any aspect of his finances. In my humble opinion you are giving the wrong advice but i will not go crying to the moderator i will argue my case in the forum.

snake

Feb 10, 2011
Dhaka, Bangladesh
Visa Office......
Canadian Embassy -Dhaka
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes you are right, he needs liquid money to pay tuition and others. But if he cashed out the fixed deposit now and put money in the bank, then he won't be able to catch September session.

Since there are options of getting visa with fixed deposit, so why don't he try for Sept session, get his visa and then cash out the fixed deposit to pay his fees? You have to consider the time too buddy.

and is this the way you argue? "Snake is talking a load of sausage!" ..... "Dont do it for the love of god dont do it! Your app will be doomed, doomed i vex you!" Are we discussing here or horse baiting? This is a discussion board, you can post your thought/suggestions, not like picking on someone and trying to proof him wrong. If your suggestion is right, the guy who asked the question will off course follow you.

Regards

gm2011

Apr 10, 2011

My policy on this matter is very simple. Whenever you apply for a visa you should apply from your strongest position. Having money in your named account is a much stronger position than showing your parents fixed deposit certificates. If the application for argument sake is rejected based on a question mark on finances than basically the applicants travel history is ruined because he will have to write yes he has been refused a visa in the past and all his future visa applications will be effected as a consequence. Sure i agree he has a chance of getting a student permit based on his parents fixed deposit cert. in my opinion the chances are slim and the downside a ruinous travel history!

snake

Feb 10, 2011
Dhaka, Bangladesh
Visa Office......
Canadian Embassy -Dhaka
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Let him decide :)

by the way, if a person is rejected once, its recorded and stays in the system. but when a new application is launched, they do not judge on its previous base, they decide on the current application base.

Unless, the applicant did some fraud and caught by the visa officer previously, the new application is just like a new application.

Good day.

gm2011

Apr 10, 2011

I agree with you to the extent that it should have no effect if applying for a second time for canada but suppose if applies for the usa or uk? It will than have am adverse effect. Any how the final decision lies with the applicant. I bid you good day.

snake

Feb 10, 2011
Dhaka, Bangladesh
Visa Office......
Canadian Embassy -Dhaka
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
As far as I know, no, it doesn't effect on other visa procedures, because in the visa form, they only ask if you applied to this 'respective' country before or not. Still to make sure, you can see the application form of them, just download from net and can have a look.

regards

Aleya

May 5, 2011
Fixed deposit will work. They prefer fixed deposit than savings. It is better to show fixed deposit and savings deposit from your account but you have to show your income source. Also show your fixed asset like land ownership, rental income. According to VSF office any kind of financial instrument is acceptable. And very important thing is Tax certificate and you must be honest about it