+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Financial requirement for sponsorship

kurian

Apr 9, 2007
Dear friend,

recently i had completed my landing in canada but without my wife has she was pregnant and advised against any air travel. she gave birth to twin girls and i am with her. now i need sponsor my family and for that i need to know how much amount do i have to show to qualify? what is the minimum required amount to apply as a sponsor for my wife and two children? how is it calculated?

as mentioned i got to support my my wife for three years (does that mean i have to show the minimum amount multiplied by three?) and over 10 years for my children (does that mean i got to show min. amount multiplied by ten for each child?). The final amount to be the addition for these separate figures obtained for wife and children. Please advise

kind regards

kurian

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

kurian said:
Dear friend,

recently i had completed my landing in canada but without my wife has she was pregnant and advised against any air travel. she gave birth to twin girls and i am with her. now i need sponsor my family and for that i need to know how much amount do i have to show to qualify? what is the minimum required amount to apply as a sponsor for my wife and two children? how is it calculated?

as mentioned i got to support my my wife for three years (does that mean i have to show the minimum amount multiplied by three?) and over 10 years for my children (does that mean i got to show min. amount multiplied by ten for each child?). The final amount to be the addition for these separate figures obtained for wife and children. Please advise

kind regards

kurian
A sponsor of a spouse and dependent child (who have no dependent children) does not have to meet the Low Income Cutoff Figure, although they must submit the financial evaluation with the sponsorship. So you don't have to worry, as long as you are not collecting welfare, other than for disability. So your second question is not applicable.

PMM