+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

financial proof from a 3rd country???

utojamepark

Star Member
Apr 8, 2020
Hi I was wondering whether it is okay to provide bank statements from banks outside of my home country?

I quit my job about 6 months ago, i have an apartment under my wife and my name, i also have limited savings (probably barely enough to cover my 1st year spending, $10000 for 1 year) in my home country.
I also have bank accounts in Canada and the US with slightly more savings. I am not sure if I should include these bank accounts in my application because I have the feeling that these are bad for my application and show no 'ties' to my home country.

Should I just have my parents to sponsor me instead and use their bank accounts with savings and write a letter for it? I am confused :(

any advice will be appreciated

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
Hi I was wondering whether it is okay to provide bank statements from banks outside of my home country?

I quit my job about 6 months ago, i have an apartment under my wife and my name, i also have limited savings (probably barely enough to cover my 1st year spending, $10000 for 1 year) in my home country.
I also have bank accounts in Canada and the US with slightly more savings. I am not sure if I should include these bank accounts in my application because I have the feeling that these are bad for my application and show no 'ties' to my home country.

Should I just have my parents to sponsor me instead and use their bank accounts with savings and write a letter for it? I am confused :(

any advice will be appreciated
If you are already doubting your financial proof then it might be a good idea for your parents to sponsor you with a letter of sponsorship,yes.

utojamepark

Star Member
Apr 8, 2020
If you are already doubting your financial proof then it might be a good idea for your parents to sponsor you with a letter of sponsorship,yes.
thanks for the reply, you are right I am leaning toward using my parent's sponsorship to apply for the permit. However, my only concern is whether it's acceptable for a person who is at his 30s to have no savings (at home country) nor a job and has to rely on parent's sponsorship in order to apply for the student permit?
any idea for this? thanks

EssienM

Sep 28, 2019
thanks for the reply, you are right I am leaning toward using my parent's sponsorship to apply for the permit. However, my only concern is whether it's acceptable for a person who is at his 30s to have no savings (at home country) nor a job and has to rely on parent's sponsorship in order to apply for the student permit?
any idea for this? thanks
In my opinion, have your parent transfer the funds to your account and issue you a gift deed stamped by a court stating that it's solely for your education. With that you can be the main sponsor and your parent, a guarantor