+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Financial Proof For VISA

Sepehr99

Dec 11, 2023
Hi everyone,

I am applying for post-grad studies in Canada for Fall-2024(Self-Funded). As per my research for ways of financial proof, I came across some statements which made me a bit confused. According to Canada's official website, There are multiple ways of financial proof. One is to show a bank statement of YOUR account for the past 4 months, another one was a letter from a PERSON or SCHOOL supporting you.

In my case, my father has the money and he is going to pay. So here is my question:

Can he have an official statement that he will support me and show a bank report of HIS bank account for the past 4 months, or does the money necessarily have to be in a bank account under my name?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi everyone,

I am applying for post-grad studies in Canada for Fall-2024(Self-Funded). As per my research for ways of financial proof, I came across some statements which made me a bit confused. According to Canada's official website, There are multiple ways of financial proof. One is to show a bank statement of YOUR account for the past 4 months, another one was a letter from a PERSON or SCHOOL supporting you.

In my case, my father has the money and he is going to pay. So here is my question:

Can he have an official statement that he will support me and show a bank report of HIS bank account for the past 4 months, or does the money necessarily have to be in a bank account under my name?
Tends to depend on your age.

Sepehr99

Dec 11, 2023
At the time of applying for VISA, I am in my mid 24s. I do have an income on my own but the income and sum of money I have is no where near the amount that is required. So shall I introduce my father as my sponsor (Is this possible?) or have him transfer the money to my own bank account?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
At the time of applying for VISA, I am in my mid 24s. I do have an income on my own but the income and sum of money I have is no where near the amount that is required. So shall I introduce my father as my sponsor (Is this possible?) or have him transfer the money to my own bank account?
IRCC wants you to have your own funds if over 22. Have your father pay tuition. If you still cannot afford it then you can a) show your father’s accounts and see if IRCC accepts it or b) have a gift deed prepared where he gifts you the money. Do not transfer the funds to your account. That raises red flags for IRCC and you need to show where you got all that money.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Given that it is a postdoctoral you are still relatively young and wouldn’t have had much time to work given the length of your studies. It won’t make sense for you to have a large sum of money suddenly in your account.