+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

financial Help

vcgarcia

Mar 10, 2016
Hello everyone.

I have a question. I am a Canadian citizen and I have many years living abroad, after I studied I was mom and never worked, I always dedicate my daughter, my husband works since then, this could be a negative for ineligibility?.

We want to live in Canada, I have my birth certificate, my passport updated, have the Social.

My daughter is Chilean but now is a permanent resident, she have a valid passport and have the certificate of Canadian citizenship.

who can give me an answer on this.
Thank you.

Regards

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
vcgarcia said:
Hello everyone.

I have a question. I am a Canadian citizen and I have many years living abroad, after I studied I was mom and never worked, I always dedicate my daughter, my husband works since then, this could be a negative for ineligibility?.

We want to live in Canada, I have my birth certificate, my passport updated, have the Social.

My daughter is Chilean but now is a permanent resident, she have a valid passport and have the certificate of Canadian citizenship.

who can give me an answer on this.
Thank you.

Regards
Your husband being the primary supporter is not uncommon. You would need to make it clear in the application that he is the bread winner, and once granted PR, he would again be the bread winner upon arrival in Canada. They key for you would be to show your intention to settle and remain in Canada once he is granted his PR. Be sure to outline his particular skills and how they will apply when he arrives in Canada granting him the ability to support his family. That will be something CIC will want to know, to ensure that you will not arrive and go on welfare. Good luck.

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
14-04-2015 - SA Received: 20-04-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
Alurra beat me to it, but just to add...

This will not have a negative effect on your application as long as you provide the following:

-Proof that you and your husband can support yourselves without needing welfare.

-Proof that you intend to reside in Canada once your husband gets PR.

There is no requirement that the sponsor have a job and there is no minimum income amount for sponsoring a spouse.

vcgarcia

Mar 10, 2016
Alurra71 said:
Your husband being the primary supporter is not uncommon. You would need to make it clear in the application that he is the bread winner, and once granted PR, he would again be the bread winner upon arrival in Canada. They key for you would be to show your intention to settle and remain in Canada once he is granted his PR. Be sure to outline his particular skills and how they will apply when he arrives in Canada granting him the ability to support his family. That will be something CIC will want to know, to ensure that you will not arrive and go on welfare. Good luck.

Thanks for the info, well my husband is an electrician and also works in a family locksmith company, we have evidence he has done these types of jobs and placed in detail in the appropriate forms.

I at home apart from giving my time to my daughter, I am a craftswoman in wool and I do things and sell them online and also make custom me, that helps a little with the household expenses. But my sales, I do not give ballot, just sell them.

this is positive for the process?

thank again.

vcgarcia

Mar 10, 2016
Aquakitty said:
Alurra beat me to it, but just to add...

This will not have a negative effect on your application as long as you provide the following:

-Proof that you and your husband can support yourselves without needing welfare.

-Proof that you intend to reside in Canada once your husband gets PR.

There is no requirement that the sponsor have a job and there is no minimum income amount for sponsoring a spouse.

thank you very much for the information is appreciated enough :D :D