+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Financial Documents for Study Permit

Kais767

Jun 22, 2013
Hi all,

I'm a bit confused on how to get the bank statements of my parents (who will be funding my studies), as the banks in Malaysia generally don't send paper statements anymore. It's all online, with downloadable PDFs. Will those be sufficient, or do they need to be certified? I'm planning to apply online.

I was once rejected for a visitor TRV almost 3 years ago but reapplied and got it the same year. Will that have an impact on my application?

rcpp

Star Member
Jan 24, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-06-2014
Passport Req..
27-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
30-07-2014
Kais767 said:
Hi all,

I'm a bit confused on how to get the bank statements of my parents (who will be funding my studies), as the banks in Malaysia generally don't send paper statements anymore. It's all online, with downloadable PDFs. Will those be sufficient, or do they need to be certified? I'm planning to apply online.

I was once rejected for a visitor TRV almost 3 years ago but reapplied and got it the same year. Will that have an impact on my application?
I would suggest you print the PDFs and have your bank's branch manager sign the documents to make it look authentic. Also, I don't think your previous rejection will impact your current application. Just be truthful as to what's the reason of the rejection if asked on the application form. CIC has your records and will verify if you're being truthful or not. There's not harm in being honest.

Wish you good luck in your application!

Kais767

Jun 22, 2013
Hi again. My dad had, coincidentally, opened a fixed deposit account just a few weeks ago to take advantage of a bank promotion with a high interest rate. Hence, all the transactions are dated very recently. Not enough to meet the 4-month requirement.

However, my mom's statements can show the past 4 months with no issues.

Both have a roughly equal amount.

Will I have an issue with my dad's statements?

rcpp

Star Member
Jan 24, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-06-2014
Passport Req..
27-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
30-07-2014
Kais767 said:
Hi again. My dad had, coincidentally, opened a fixed deposit account just a few weeks ago to take advantage of a bank promotion with a high interest rate. Hence, all the transactions are dated very recently. Not enough to meet the 4-month requirement.

However, my mom's statements can show the past 4 months with no issues.

Both have a roughly equal amount.

Will I have an issue with my dad's statements?
Not quite sure about your dad's case, but I guess it will work if he can show proof where that money came from (funds that got transferred to the fixed deposit account), then you should be good. Let's say, he submits a bank statement that shows the money was removed from the account and then another bank statement that shows where the money was transferred. If you want you can include an explanation letter talking about that certain matter. Wouldn't hurt to try. If you could, try to submit as much documents as you can to avoid leaving the officer with questions that will require him extra research about your case.

As for your mom, use it. Make sure you show as much financial documents as you can as well. The officer just needs to see that your parents or whoever's funding your studies have the means to support you or has any source of income to help you with your studies.