+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Finance/Banking Jobs in Canada

SAMPHIL1977

Apr 8, 2018
Hi Guys. For banking Compliance experienced person who is AML / CAMS certified and worked with Citi, HSBC and other banks since 2004, what are the chances of getting a job offer to help increase overall scores.

JohnAntony88

Star Member
Jul 6, 2017
What if the person has no experience in the banking/finance sector, but is willing to do the required certifications? How can he transit from an entirely different career into banking/finance?

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
What if the person has no experience in the banking/finance sector, but is willing to do the required certifications? How can he transit from an entirely different career into banking/finance?
Its a fair question, but as an employer recruiters/hiring managers will select people with relevant experience... Maybe overtime with right industry contacts one can shift his/her focus from one industry onto another one...imho

Reactions: JohnAntony88

torontosm

Champion Member
Apr 3, 2013
Hi Guys. For banking Compliance experienced person who is AML / CAMS certified and worked with Citi, HSBC and other banks since 2004, what are the chances of getting a job offer to help increase overall scores.
Compliance professionals are in high demand in the current age of regulatory complexity. If you had your PR already, you wouldn't struggle to find a job. However, if it involves sponsorship, that may be more problematic.

torontosm

Champion Member
Apr 3, 2013
It would be very difficult to break into finance without any prior experience. The certifications are useful, but don't add much if you don't have a solid base. The easiest way to transition careers into finance is to first do a MBA and then switch fields.

Immigrant079

Jun 19, 2018
Compliance professionals are in high demand in the current age of regulatory complexity. If you had your PR already, you wouldn't struggle to find a job. However, if it involves sponsorship, that may be more problematic.
Hi, we are new immigrants to Canada and have got similar professional experience as the poster above. Do you have any contacts that might be helpful for getting a job? If you do, kindly share them with me. Thank you!

Last edited:

JohnAntony88

Star Member
Jul 6, 2017
It would be very difficult to break into finance without any prior experience. The certifications are useful, but don't add much if you don't have a solid base. The easiest way to transition careers into finance is to first do a MBA and then switch fields.
Oh...that would take 2 years right?

Prabhjot09

Star Member
Feb 12, 2019
Ganguli. Music, I can get you some recruitment consultants contacts. But they prefer to meet candidates in person before even they start any process.
Once you get your PR sorted let me know so I can get you introduced
Hello...recently i have got the pr and have banking experience.
Can you share the consultant contact.
Thank you in advance.