+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Finance/Banking Jobs in Canada

musicholic

Apr 19, 2018
I have 5 years of experience into Investment Banking from India. I had a couple of questions relating to the job opportunities in Canada especially in the Field of finance:

1) Best City for Finance Jobs?
2) Any additional certification required to get into banking roles?
3) How difficult is it to find a finance role in Canada?
4) I can see quite a lot of openings for my field in top banks (CIBC, TD, RBC etc), however, I am not sure if one even gets a job based on the application their portals? Which consultancy would you recommend?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
1. Toronto
2. CFA, Securities courses can't remember acronyms, etc, lots of MBAs
3. difficult lots of competition. Canadian or International banking hub experience preferred (London, NYC, HK, Singapore, etc)
4. Banks are in a transitionary period. Would help if you have any connections or a certification like the CFA.

My answers assumed you were planning on applying for PR.

Last edited:

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
1) Toronto
2) Depends on the role
3) Possible if you have permanent residency. Assume it will be impossible if you are a foreign worker looking for a job offer.
4) None. They won't consider foreign workers. You need to get PR first.

Reactions: musicholic

musicholic

Apr 19, 2018
1. Toronto
2. CFA, Securities courses can't remember acronyms, etc, lots of MBAs
3. difficult lots of competition. Canadian or International banking hub experience preferred (London, NYC, HK, Singapore, etc)
4. Banks are in a transitionary period. Would help if you have any connections or a certification like the CFA.

My answers assumed you were planning on applying for PR.
Yes, I am applying for PR. Do you mean Canadian Securities Course? I heard its pretty useless, not really sure.

Do they get shortlisted for jobs based on the prior work experience? I have experience from big MNCs and banks. Does that help ?

musicholic

Apr 19, 2018
1) Toronto
2) Depends on the role
3) Possible if you have permanent residency. Assume it will be impossible if you are a foreign worker looking for a job offer.
4) None. They won't consider foreign workers. You need to get PR first.
I am applying for PR. Would they shortlist me for a particular role that I have same experience in even though I don't have CFA?

Reactions: qureishi

Ganguli

Apr 8, 2018
Hey... I am in the marketing section in BFSI. I dont mind other industries, but given that my experience is primarily in Digital Initiatives Promotion and product management, I doubt illI find any roles outside the BFSI sector.

How easy/difficult is it to get a job in that sort of a role?

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
Ganguli. Music, I can get you some recruitment consultants contacts. But they prefer to meet candidates in person before even they start any process.
Once you get your PR sorted let me know so I can get you introduced

musicholic

Apr 19, 2018
Ganguli. Music, I can get you some recruitment consultants contacts. But they prefer to meet candidates in person before even they start any process.
Thank you so much ! I'll definitey do that. Could you please pm me your number so that I can whatsapp you ?

aby001

Nov 26, 2017
Hi ...i got my PPR and waiting to get my passport stamped....would really appreciate if you can help me also with the recruitment consultants number.

thesilentobserver

Oct 8, 2017
Hey, would it matter if I am in the US? Or is it a must to be physically present in Canada? I have received my PPR and have sent in my passport for stamping.