+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Finance/Banking Jobs in Canada

Copernicus

Mar 22, 2020
Hello like Prabhjot09 here I too have some banking experience, would also appreciate if you could share the contact of the consultant.

Many thanks and regards!

Amiz

Star Member
Jan 28, 2020
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Hi guys,
I have received NOI from Ontario. Currently, i work in Chartered Accountancy Firm. Would appreciate if someone could suggest some online courses for entry level jobs in banks. Please note i have no banking experience in my home country. Since i want to change my field so i am eager to utilize my time to polish my basic banking skills for canada.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi guys,
I have received NOI from Ontario. Currently, i work in Chartered Accountancy Firm. Would appreciate if someone could suggest some online courses for entry level jobs in banks. Please note i have no banking experience in my home country. Since i want to change my field so i am eager to utilize my time to polish my basic banking skills for canada.
Are you a CA?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
No.. i am MBA but have work exp of 5+ yrs in CA firm.
Still not quite sure what field you are trying to get into by “banking jobs”. Without any banking history it is going to be pretty challenging to get interviews unless you have connections.

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
By banking, I assume people are referring to Investment Banking, Asset Management, and other 'desirable' finance jobs. It is already a competitive field for Canadians and like mentioned above, experience in financial hubs like New York, London is looked favorably upon (from outside of Canada).

For some reason I am getting the feeling that people think they are going to be handed a finance job as soon they land...not even close...

Reactions: scylla

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
By banking, I assume people are referring to Investment Banking, Asset Management, and other 'desirable' finance jobs. It is already a competitive field for Canadians and like mentioned above, experience in financial hubs like New York, London is looked favorably upon (from outside of Canada).

For some reason I am getting the feeling that people think they are going to be handed a finance job as soon they land...not even close...
Agreed.

All banks are currently on a hiring freeze due to COVID. We expect this will continue for time.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
In general Canada is a small banking sector. Many people moving from London, HK for political reasons plus others who have been working all over the world, although mostly Asia and Middle East, all wanting lucrative finance jobs. In general the big banks are facing disruption and trying to stay leaner. In many cases your family may be better off staying where you are if you have a good job already especially if your employer provides private schooling, flights home, housing, etc.

Reactions: Tishawn