+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Finance/accounts job market - help

Sherenk

Star Member
Jun 25, 2016
Hi All

I have a Masters degree in Finance from USA but no certifications. I have been working as a Financial Analyst for the past 6 years in the Middle East.

1. What would be the job prospect in Toronto?
2. What would be the salary range look like? I eventually plan to move with a family of four.
3. When is the best time to be in Canada for searching a job?

Appreciate if someone in the Financial field can assist.

Thanks!

beinghuman

Star Member
Dec 20, 2013
Hi All

I have a Masters degree in Finance from USA but no certifications. I have been working as a Financial Analyst for the past 6 years in the Middle East.

1. What would be the job prospect in Toronto?
2. What would be the salary range look like? I eventually plan to move with a family of four.
3. When is the best time to be in Canada for searching a job?

Appreciate if someone in the Financial field can assist.

Thanks!
Hi Sherek,

1. The Canadian Securities Course is a baseline regulatory requirement to perform securities and mutual fund transactions in many financial services positions throughout Canada.

2. The job market is rewarding and a graduate degree holder can expect somewhere between $100K-$180K depending on the level of experience.

3. Since you don't have Canadian work experience and certifications to support your profile, it might be very challenging to secure a good job.

Good Luck! :)

Reactions: ultimateenergy

jackdawn

Champion Member
Dec 24, 2016
Hi Sherek,

1. The Canadian Securities Course is a baseline regulatory requirement to perform securities and mutual fund transactions in many financial services positions throughout Canada.

2. The job market is rewarding and a graduate degree holder can expect somewhere between $100K-$180K depending on the level of experience.

3. Since you don't have Canadian work experience and certifications to support your profile, it might be very challenging to secure a good job.

Good info but is this for mutual fund and equity analysts or will it hold good for sales professional as well? ( some one who has worked as an investment advisor or a Relationship manager advising clients on their investments in MF/Equity/Bonds

jackdawn

Champion Member
Dec 24, 2016
Hi Sherek,

checked this site www.csi.ca and looks like its a good option for sales professionals in financial services.

Hey, do u have any idea if we can do this course from outside canada