+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Finally received landing visa but my accompanying spouse doesn't have visa on passport

SylviaAltor

Oct 30, 2019
After receiving my first COPR in 2022, I got married and updated my marital status. My timeline is in my signature.
We finally received 2 decision packages for me and my spouse today. They give me a new PR landing visa on my passport, and COPR paper with my spouse's name on it as "SPOUSE - ACCOMPANYING". But in my husband's package, there is only COPR and no landing visa on his passport. Is it right? Can he travel to Canada only with COPR?
Thank you!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
After receiving my first COPR in 2022, I got married and updated my marital status. My timeline is in my signature.
We finally received 2 decision packages for me and my spouse today. They give me a new PR landing visa on my passport, and COPR paper with my spouse's name on it as "SPOUSE - ACCOMPANYING". But in my husband's package, there is only COPR and no landing visa on his passport. Is it right? Can he travel to Canada only with COPR?
Thank you!
Has he received stamping in his passport or has he received a request to submit his passport for stamping? Had you both submitted your passports with the application or had you received requests to send in your passports recently?

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018
Thank you!
Does your husband hold a passport which is considered as visa exempt by Canada ?

SylviaAltor

Oct 30, 2019
Has he received stamping in his passport or has he received a request to submit his passport for stamping? Had you both submitted your passports with the application or had you received requests to send in your passports recently?
Yes we did send both passports. His returned without a stamp.