+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

finally landed in toronto today!

sfkiyani1

Star Member
Aug 25, 2008
London
yunusee said:
Please answer the queries against ur mail regarding proof of fund. How important it is? I want to stay with my relative in canada. In that case, is it mendatory to show fund during landing? Please give a clear answer.
hi,
we managed to get some travellers cheques in canadian dollars, there was 1700 US dollars, and 400 pounds sterling this all was for two persons.
best of luck!

sfkiyani1

Star Member
Aug 25, 2008
London
mahharrouf said:
Hello, Congratulations and good luck. After long while, some has shared landing experience. Did they just ask for "Show Physical Funds" or they also counted if its complete or some dollars short :)
hi,
thanks. They only asked to show the funds physically but they never touch them to count they just wanted to see.

regards

sfkiyani1

Star Member
Aug 25, 2008
London
don_c said:
Please, in what form was your proof of fund? Due to land soon from Uk as well. Thanks
hi,
thanks! the funds were in several forms:
travelers cheque canadians dollars
US dollars
pound sterlings

regards

sfkiyani1

Star Member
Aug 25, 2008
London
yunusee said:
Please answer the queries against ur mail regarding proof of fund. How important it is? I want to stay with my relative in canada. In that case, is it mendatory to show fund during landing? Please give a clear answer.
hi,
yes its a must to take your funds regardless of with whom you will be staying with, util and unless you have arranged employment in Canada.

regards

sfkiyani1

Star Member
Aug 25, 2008
London
nasim15 said:
sfkiyani1 said:
hi every one,
first of all thanks to everyone for sharing the infornation on this form which helped alot. Today i am just putting our landing experience for you guys who are in proccess ofanding soon so here we go:
Started the journey from Gatwick airport to Toronto by Air transat the flight was chock o block, but managed the time quiet well and we were on toronto airport 20 min earlier then the schedule time, we were really tensed which was natural but let me tell that terminal three at Toronto airport is confusing and you will hardly see the staff to ask for assistance. The immigration quese were very long and as a new immigrant we were expecting that there will be a seperate window or something straight away but after struggling to get some info i find out that we also have to follow the same line and then they will gonna send us to the different window. On the other windowit was not busy at all and officer asked us to show the funds physically, and she was not at all friendly none of them were other then the two womens whom we met after signing the COPR those two women warmly welcome us canada and hand out the info to read and they were quiet helpful and nice.

hi,
they just want to get the appraisal for the jewellery from back home and no the gold was not showed as the part of funds it was in the goods to follow list.

regards
On the luggage end it was a night mare as the luggage for two flights were rolling on the same belt and one person was throwing it from the belt on the floor.
when we went to customs they ask me to bring pictures of my Gold jewellery with appaisal with in weeks time and then they will gonna stamped my goods to follow list and there the completed my funds. declaration form and thats was it. Toronto is a nice place i love the houses and neighbourhood here.

best of luck!
Thanks for sharing your experience. Whom they refer to for Gold Jwellery appaisal? Did you show it as your minimum fund requirement? Why do they want it to be appaised?

Yarla7bh

Sep 12, 2009
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 22, 2009
Doc's Request.
Dec 23, 2009
AOR Received.
May 06, 2010 (2nd AOR)
File Transfer...
Aug 04, 2010. NY
Med's Request
Oct 26, 2010
Med's Done....
Dec 09, 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Great .......Congratulations..!!
Thanks for sharing your experience

My best wishes to u.
Good Luck in Canada.

spa

Star Member
Dec 27, 2008
Congratulations!

Do they check health documents such as immunization or vaccination records?

nasim15

Star Member
Aug 15, 2009
Dhaka, Bangladesh
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
28 Sep 2009
LANDED..........
10 APR 2010
sfkiyani1 !

Thanks for sharing your experience. Whom they refer to for Gold Jwellery appaisal? Did you show it as your minimum fund requirement? Why do they want it to be appaised?

Nit4canada

May 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congratulations... sfkiyani, thank you for sharing your experience.... Thank you

meena

Champion Member
Apr 20, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25th June'09
Doc's Request.
18th Sep'09
AOR Received.
22nd Jan'10
Med's Request
7th April
Med's Done....
1st May
Passport Req..
7th April'10
VISA ISSUED...
31st May'10
LANDED..........
Landed on 12th March'11
Hi,

What is COPR.

And also howm to showed your Funds Proof. Have u included your Property and Jewellery as Fund Proof. Or all Funds were in liquid form.

Meena

sfkiyani1

Star Member
Aug 25, 2008
London
nasim15 said:
sfkiyani1 !

hi,
they didn't refer to any specific place they just want to get it appraised from back home or any where, but i told them i will be only able to summit the pics at the moment they said its fine when you bring them physically in the country then get it appraised so the custome knows abt its worth and it wont be a problem then later on for you to take it out and in the country that wht the officer said and they also says that they will gonna stamp the pics as well.

regards

meena

Champion Member
Apr 20, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25th June'09